Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was home in warroad last weekend driving around and i stopped in at the AC shop to see if they had any Firecats or anything new in there that i hadn't seen yet. They were closed for the day so when i was leaving i drove around back of the shop and saw a couple firecats and a bunch of other sleds sitting out by the river. AC has been testing out of warroad for many years and these were a bunch of test sleds. i stopped and got out to look around and there was nobody around there keeping an eye on things. i looked at an F5, it was obviously a tester, no graphics, just green and it looked like they cut out the vents in the hood with a hack saw. it looked pretty sweet, but had obviously been ridden very hard. i moved on to another row of sleds and saw an AC helmet w/goggles just sitting on the seat of a sled. next to that was a new ZR 900. wow was that a mean lookin ride. i opened up the hood (not sure if i was supposed to) and that thing has one HUGE pipe. it looked awesome. i walked around to the side of it and i noticed it still had the key in it! none of the sleds were chained up or anything. if i would've wanted to, i could've had that sled home in about 5 minutes. it was crazy. i figured they'd keep a little closer security on there sleds. maybe that one wasn't worth taking, it had an old "tigershark" hour meter mounted in the dash and it read "899.7"! i wish i would've had a camara, you wouldn't believe all the stuff sitting around there unguarded, pretty crazy if you ask me.

Celebrate Your Indepence With A Rocket...Ride Polaris

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Yeah with the lack of snow this year, sleds are kinda disposible. Sad, very sad. Oh and did the pipe look like this one?

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, pretty close, but sadly for you, it was a little discolored and not so clean...
I thought this was a little stange to have them sitting out like that since in the last few years they've either been putting their sleds in an inclosed trailor or bringing them to the hotels for the night and weekends. the least they do is chain em all together.

·
Registered
502 Posts
pooley, what's your first name? I graduated from warroad in 97, just wondering
about the arctic's at the point, they usually chain them up, but they have had a few stolen before, I don't think they really care. Those are all engineering sleds at warroad, they don't test any of the trick schitt around here, they usually hide pretty good

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey arne, my first name is brandon, not sure if you remember me, but you know my brother brent. thats cool, i saw you on here before but i guess i never looked at your profile.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I figured it was you or your brother, but I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats cool, did you do much racing this year? how about goose? i haven't talked to him for a while, did he get to do much racing this year?

·
Registered
502 Posts
We raced 2 1/2 snocrosses, Ovals at Strathcona, and lake race at pinehurst. Decided to go snocross this year and it bit us in the ass. No Snow sucks, but now march 7th it snows? What the hell? We should have went ice or oval racing this year but cat told us to snocross.
Haven't talked to goose since the 500 last year. I think with the kid and all he's prettty busy.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, i haven't talked to him for a long time either, i'm sure he's busy as hell. how'd you do in the races? you gonna run the 500 next year? i heard they were gonna try and have it again. how much snow did we get up there? we got around 5 inches here in duluth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts