Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the description says post pics of your repairs i found my front torque arm snapped while replacing my driveshaft bearing that totally exploded but luckily my old work had a complete skid dirt cheap sorry for crappy iphone pics
2010222223333304_22144.jpg
2010222223343617_22144.jpg
2010222223354367_22144.jpg
201022222345148_22144.jpg
2010222223416226_22144.jpg
2010222223428148_22144.jpg
2010222223440554_22144.jpg

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Need to replace radius rods, trailing arms, and airbox.

Going with chromoly radius rods and trailing arms now with a mesh hood in the works.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i rebuilt my whole 440 engine and plated it with nickel and black nickel. my dad works at a plating shop. pics are on my profile check it out :)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Had to retie the knot for my recoil rope. I replaced the console a couple years ago and the knot must have finally slipped.
I went to start my sled one day and ended up with the recoil handle in my hand. It took maybe 20 minutes to fix. No biggie.

·
Registered
47 Posts
ZRT 600 Replaced track, skid, all fuel lines, vent lines, coolant hoses, light switch, 1 belt

Indy 500 Belt, fuel lines vent lines key switch, kill switch, idler wheels

XCR 600 Belt, needles, fuels lines, vent lines, 4 grease zerks, headlight, new recoil

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
hm... no pics because I lost my phone but I have a list..

wiring harness
two tie rods
two top ends (going on my third rebuild, top and bottem)
one rear shock
two skis
one trailing arm
ripped seat cover
coolent leak
voltage regulator
high/low beam switch
three coolent pump belts
primary spring, helix and secondary spring buttons
chain case lower bearing
drive shaft bearing
70 pitch chain
broke a recoil (not the rope, the recoil itself)
I think thats all I replaced on my sleds. I may be forgeting something

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I had to replace a few bolts in the skid and a new wheel. Also had to replace the throttle control and rebuilt the primary clutch.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
WOW, well lets see here I didnt need to replace anything cause I only have 200miles on for this year...one actual ride and the rest of the miles where around the house and at the race tracks. Should be good for next year.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I lost a bolt on my rear suspension and egged out 2 holes in the rail.

20102227100179_2399.jpg

20102227106226_2399.jpg

So I am installing a 99' xtra 10. I had a fuel line rub through on my 340 sport. SO right now it has a peice of copper tubing spliced in. Come spring I will run new fuel lines. Not much for repairs in 700+ miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Winding down? Were about to get the best snowfall of the season, and practically only snowfall now that you mention it. As far as things to replace? Mostly normal wear items, carbides, hyflax, bearings in idler wheels, handlebars and a small spit on the rear of the tunnel on the 600. Other than that grease and chain case oil as well as a general "top to bottom inspection". NWR

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
^^ Very true. I have been through a gallon of oil. Good thing I buy it by the case.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Well lets see, on the 96 xcr sp i had to replace an idler wheel, hyfax, carbides, 2 belts, track, and windshiel (thanks for breaking it dad). On the 97 xcr 440 i had to replace 4 fuel lines, water cooler, idler wheel, bolt, and gas and oil.

·
Registered
586 Posts
crdude said:
hm... no pics because I lost my phone but I have a list..

wiring harness
two tie rods
two top ends (going on my third rebuild, top and bottem)
one rear shock
two skis
one trailing arm
ripped seat cover
coolent leak
voltage regulator
high/low beam switch
three coolent pump belts
primary spring, helix and secondary spring buttons
chain case lower bearing
drive shaft bearing
70 pitch chain
broke a recoil (not the rope, the recoil itself)
I think thats all I replaced on my sleds. I may be forgeting something
you win ... not a very good contest to win at though!

replaced the bent handlebars after 50 miles on brand new sled. long story short, reverse is tricky to get used to [:)]

·
Registered
511 Posts
I need a new pipe and torsion springs so far. Really though, I should strip is down to the frame and clean everything, the re-assemble. It's pretty dirty under the hood because of the pipe insulation that's being blown everywhere haha.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i never had a damn season! sure i went out twice this year, but i wasn't on my own sled. however i did replace the seat cover, put on a riser.

·
Registered
449 Posts
bumpyknucks said:
i never had a damn season! sure i went out twice this year, but i wasn't on my own sled. however i did replace the seat cover, put on a riser.
My season was terrible as well, snow comes but then melts, stupide el nino. Lower east coast, I want my snow back, like Virginia needs 8 feet of snow. With the limited riding I did do, I had the fortune of replacing the drive shaft and both bearings, along with new clips, and a plate to reinforce the tunnel, for a couple stud nix. This winter was GARBAGE!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
whole new recoil and a clutch.

As for those torqe arms every year we look at them. If they look stressful we slap some in weld on them Haha.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts