Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well we spent most of the day getting aspins sled dialed in pretty close. by the end of the day in 500 feet of slippery dirt. 40 degrees out. traction equal to a studded sled on shaved ice. not ice pics. but trail studs. his little 440 rocketed down the track to a very respectable 73 for his high with the other runs at 72.
my sled with me on it did a blistering 66 mph. I thought my skin would peal off. with one small clutch change I came back with an 81. the fun part about it was the going sideways fish tails for the first half of the track!! there was so little traction that you could spin a half circle with not much effort! I wanted to make more changes and get close to 90 but I was hungery and it was getting dark. I need to get an air filter yet. you can see one cylinder blowing fuel out the pipe from hot under hood air. a little more time on dialing in the clutching and she should be there. all in all I think we had about as much fun as you can have with an inch of snow and 40 degrees.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah, there is about 6-8 inches on the lakes. the river is still open. its weird. normally all day long I can hear sleds and atvs riding by. this year I havent heard one.
will contact you on the next day. I think the next day I go out is next week I might go up north on a weekday for a little play around.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
sweet. I need to get a little trigger time to make sure this new engine will hang together for the group ride.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now we have almost two inches!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hold on. by monday we might have 5 inches. that would be enough to play in the fields but still no real riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts