Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I know guys this subject as already been talk about. But I was thinking putting ATF in my chain case but I think it could cause some issue and I wanna know what ya think! At cold temperature and at the beginning of a ride it will be probably the best oil of all cause plenty of oil will lube all components to the fact ATF is very liquid at cold temp. But as the sled warm up and for long ride, when the chain case will be at the normal temperature, I think the oil will be too liquid to ensure good lubrication. Gear lube is supposed to be thick at hot temp to ensure good lubrication! What ya think, does it make sense or I worried too much?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I got tranny fluid in my old indy 500, and I got Polaris Synthetic Chain Case Lube in my indy trail. I really dont thing the tranny fluid hurts anything, all it is lubricating is the chain. One thing I really like about the tranny fluid is when you check the chaincase oil, its really easy to see on the dipstick, unlike the polaris lube.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks guys nex time I will put ATF in it. It sure helps to see the level on the dipstick as the fluid is red and the dipstick is yellow![;)]

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by daman
[br]
Originally posted by STEVE650
[br]ok thanks guys nex time I will put ATF in it. It sure helps to see the level on the dipstick as the fluid is red and the dipstick is yellow![;)]
Make shure you use syn.
yeah, always the best![;)]

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i just use amsoil syntetic chain case oil in my chain cases. but i dont see any problems running ATF in there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts