Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never drive your machine with the power valves not working! I've been told by a few people that it will not hurt the engine, just performance. I wish that were true but thats not the case. I've been running my machine around until my new power valves come in and I just about wrecked my engine! I stopped for gas and then my engine wouldn't turn over, so I got pulled home by a ski-doo[:(!] I thought it might be the recoil so I pulled that apart, then checked the clutch, but it ended up being the power valve in the #2 cylinder slide right into the cylinder chamber and was stopping the piston from making a full revolution. As you can see by the pic below the power valve is destroyed and my piston is a little marked up too, but should be okay. If it slide into the cylinder when the engine was running, I'd probably be looking for a new engine by now.
[attachment=58067]

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yea, they'll get you as I've said before. You got lucky this time, so make sure to get it fixed right with no shortcuts. Get it all back together (remember the new cables ! its a must or they will pull through again !!!) After that, adjust them cables, run some amsoil interceptor oil and not crap oil. You be ready to go, and you'll be towing that ski-doo home after it grenades due to lack of oil and then who'll be laughing.[:D][;)]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts