Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is at the site of one of the biggest Asphalt Races.

Sept. 24, 25, 26, MSA will be sponsoring a Swap Meet at the Martin U.S. 131 Dragway in conjunction with the American Snowmobiler Shoot Out. This is a shoot out of the world's fastest snowmobiles. Speeds will be near the 180 MPH range and many new records are expected to be set. There will be well over 300 participants racing sleds and some will also be racing motorcycles. We need members to volunteer to help with the swap meet. Here is the perfect opportunity for you to help out MSA and at the same time see the world's fastest sleds in action. There is dry camping at the track for the volunteers, plus free admission to the race. Email the office if you can help out. [email protected] Put in the subject line "131 Volunteer" Join the fun, help out, and witness history in the making!!!! If we have too many offers to help, names will be put into a hat and a drawing will be held.

Thanks
Jim Dickie
MSA President

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
mmmm swap meet....I'll be there raising revenue. At least I will if its economical. E-mail me Steve if you get info on prices of swap space and entry

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
If it weren't an 7 hour drive during the school year I wouldn't mind coming down. Needs to be a little further north, I still might try to come down though!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
See everyone at Martin this year. 98700xc can we expect to see you on the track?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Empire087 said:
If it weren't an 7 hour drive during the school year I wouldn't mind coming down. Needs to be a little further north, I still might try to come down though!
its just south of Grand Rapids.....More like 4-5 hours unless you drive a moped or stop to piss a lot

http://www.distance-calculator.co.uk/usa-distance-sault_ste_marie-to-grand_rapids.htm

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KRSS144 said:
See everyone at Martin this year. 98700xc can we expect to see you on the track?[/color=blue]

I think there will be a very good chance to see me on the track, besides my wife's sled that she will be driving I will most likely be on another sled that my brother has put together, you will not see the Orange 700 as it is under major reconstruction and will not be seeing any asphalt racing duties this year, hopefully all the swappers from the west side of the state will come out in force, 131 is a great venue and there will plenty of racing going on all weekend long, also the fast bikes will be there too for some added entertainment, I will let you all know about the details of swap meet space costs and anything else as it is made available to me.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Awesome.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: The latest news I have was a message from the MSA that they are meeting with the Martin track manager on the 13th of July and will have all the details shortly after that date, stay tuned and as soon as I find out what the costs for swap spaces and any other details I will post them up.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, here is the latest up to date news right from the presidents desk, Jim @ MSA (Michigan Snowmobile Association) that is:

The swap meet will be held on Saturday September 25 at the US-131, Martin Drag Strip, and will be only that day. Gates will be open for vender set-up at 7am. All spaces will be 15' wide and vary in length according to rig size. 2 place trailer will be $25, 4 place trailer load will be $45, and bigger rigs price will be negotiable. Trucks loaded pulling a trailer will be considered the next higher rate from the trailer rate. This is a beautiful facility with plenty of room. The Swap area will be directly West of the grandstands so the traffic through the area should be great. If you have questions, call the MSA office or email the office. [email protected] 616 361-2285

Just a reminder. There will also be another swap meet at the Dixie Motor Speedway, Birch Run, Sunday September 12. This is a joint venture between MSA and Dixie Motor Speedway and is the same weekend as the Frankenmuth car show. Both swap meets will be considered "All Season" meaning you are not limited to snowmobile stuff. Motorcycle, boat, atv, cars, trucks, parts, plus?? are all welcome at both swap meets.
See ya there!!

So here it is guys, and also I am sure you all want to know if there are any other costs, well I am pretty sure that the track itself will charge the $12 dollars per person that they normally do for this event, now before you start crying foul I will remind you that even us that race in this event have to pay this gate fee on top of the $50 bucks it costs each day to enter a sled in the bracket race, so just to let you know for m my wife and I to gain entry and both race 2 days it will cost us $224 combined and that does not include Friday nights test and tune session which I believe is another $20 each, so now its $264 and I haven't even left my driveway yet, so post up and let it be known who's coming out and if your bringing parts/sleds to sell or just coming to shop and watch the racing action, Its gonna be a great time no matter what, and just a little tidbit for all of you if you stay till after the racing is done on Saturday night there is one particular racing team that brings a PRO sound system and throws one hell of a PARTY, I heard a rumor that they might be bringing a HUGE tent to setup this year, anyway, its time for ROLE CALL......!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So Who's planning on coming out???, If I can get enough of you guys to confirm and stick to your word I might be inclined to invite you all to our crews pit area for a after the race BBQ party, but you will have to supply your own liquids........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts