Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had to upload a backup of the database. Please report any errors. If you signed up after the 10th of April, please sign up again. Sorry for all the troubles.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
How come old topics are back up and some of the post are missing?

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This copy of the database is from the 10th of April.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
no, the errors started a couple of days ago.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
that's for us to know and the members to not know.

[:D][8D]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Awww, now that's just cold po-man [:p] I am willing to bet you got hacked (not likely with the security in 3.4.03) or you tried to deploy a mod on the live db without testing it locally first (that's my guess [:p]). But that could have been resolved by writing a script to undo the changes you already made... unless you were setting up a mod that manipulated the data rather than adding or taking away tables; that could get messy. Hmm... or you tried to back it up during a peak time and it was currupted... hmm... 'tis a mystery (for now [;)]).

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it was corrupted as it was being uploaded after some modifications because we were getting the errors while searching. We found out that those errors could be resolved by compaciting the db...well..that fixed those errors but brought more serious ones.

I edited a backup database I had the same as the first attempt, uploaded it and it seems to be working fine now....like it should have in the first place.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's interesting... I have heard of problems popping up after compacting so I'm frankly scared to take that step yet. It's always cool when things go wrong even though they "can't." Glad to hear it's all straightened out.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh well...should be on MySQL soon so wont have to worry about that. [:)]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Remember to write something to "clues you've been riding too much!"! LOL [:D]

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts