Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok on my sled I need to wire in my heated shield cable for my helmet, the cord is like a normal tv RCA cable with a red and black power wire on the other end. my sled does not have an aux power outlet so the only place i can think of to wire it in is with the hand warmers. should be able to just hook it up right??? the only thing i can't figure out is when i test the hand warmer power with my voltmeter on DC power it doesn't read anything, but yet the hand warmers work just fine. any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
Look harder you should have a place to hook it up......

Look under your hood going up to your speedo and stuff under the matting there is a hook up.....

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Almost always an aux power, sometimes two. Either way a power source is a power source, find one, tap in, and do it right.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cant find one, who knows if cat put aux power on the snopros. Probably didn't to save weight...

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
arctic_cat_man1 said:
Ok on my sled I need to wire in my heated shield cable for my helmet, the cord is like a normal tv RCA cable with a red and black power wire on the other end. my sled does not have an aux power outlet so the only place i can think of to wire it in is with the hand warmers. should be able to just hook it up right??? the only thing i can't figure out is [highlight=yellow]when i test the hand warmer power with my voltmeter on DC power it doesn't read anything[/highlight=yellow], but yet the hand warmers work just fine. any thoughts would be great.

Thanks
That's because they are AC power. Before you go hooking things up, check to see if your heated shield needs AC or DC power. If it needs DC, you are going to need an inverter.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
most of the heat shields are ac/dc doenst matter, it you hook it up to the hand warmer wires that hand warmer could run colder and then the helmet will only be working if the hand warmers are on high.

for the most part there should be a yellow wire coming out of the regulator, tap the power off of that one and ground to the sled.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Do as madcow says, tapping into something that already needs power will just end up taking away from it and they will not work properly, learned this by tying a heated shield plug into the hand warmers many years ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts