Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has ever used Viole shovels and if so what do you think of them?? If not what brand have used and what do you like about it and why??

Thanks Guys,

DW

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only one person here has used a avalanche shovel. Thats crazy!!!

DW

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I wish I needed one, but we don't have too many mountains here in Wisconsin![:D]

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have owned one for years, but have no idea what kind it is. I have never used it for an avalanche (and hope I never need to) but they sure come in handy when you're buried in 5ft of powder or building a bridge. Most of them also have a saw inside the handle.
Sorry I can't help on the brand.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
My friend has one in the back of his truck to free him. Its small but he never uses it on the trail because we don't have mountains aroudn here that a shovel would be needed for.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I had a collapsable AC shovel last year. Didnt have a saw inside which i quickly found out i needed. Besides that it worked fine until i lost the handle on a ride back home.

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
I have an SOS telescoping shovel strapped on my sled at all times. Even in these flatlands I've had to dig myself out with it.

It's about like this one, but I don't have the saw.
http://www.arcticcatpowersports.com/eshopprod_cat_2590-5912-1555_product_289629.Snow_Shovels.htm

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep coming with the advice does anyone know of a on line dealer who sells sos product I can not find one!! A couple of my buddies have those shovels but they bought them at Haydays and you can not order directly thru SOS??

Thanks for the advice and keep it coming!!

DW

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Dan here you go dude. Scroll down a little bit you should find the SOS things...

Hope I could help
Sled_Crew

http://www.tahoemountainsports.com/store/avalanche-shovels.shtml

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
SOS shovel, probe,backpack, Tracker beacon

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
I got mine at a Cat dealer actually. If you don't mind a green shovel, you can check your local dealer(s).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts