Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and two others were Night riding in Farmington canyon UTAH and my buddy fouled both plugs so we stopped to help him out and rest a bit. All of a sudden we heard this "Thundery" sound foor about 20 seconds and then it was quiet for about 5 seconds and then got WAY windy for about another twenty seconds! Then went calm and quiet again! There was only about 30-40 inches of snow at about 8000ft elevation. It was pretty steap where we were too. We think it was an avelanche, Any ideas as to what else this would be? Thanks

·
Registered
661 Posts
A really fast storm front? (jk) Could you feel it in the snow? for you to feel the breeze it made you should have been able to feel the vibrations.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you could definately feel it in the snow, I forgot to mention, during the loud 'thundery' sound My friend says he faintly heard tree's breaking, I didn't hear the tree's break myself, but I believe him.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Well then I'd pretty much guess it was a nearby avalanche. ou'll have to go back up & check it out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I think it was but we weren't sure. I was just wondering if anyone had heard something like it before and knew what it was. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hell ya it was scary, i was staring at the mountain above us and we heard/felt it then the wind hit, the trees limbs all started waving, to make it even scarier it was like ten at night on a full moon, dead silence everywere but that sound. Gave me a whole new respect to the mountain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts