Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow this is a bad year. Another guy died in west yellowstone this week also.

I was just told today that there was an avy up where I ride in the bighorns. it caught 1 guy but he was ok. I know Dan and larsenracing are up there right now, as well as a few people I know. hope there parties are being careful. scary to think it can happen in your own backyard.

here are the pics from the horns.
[attachment=54012]

[attachment=54013]

Attachments

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
It snows a bunch and then gets so warm here in Utah. Makes for prime avalance conditions when it nows a bunch more.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Man, that sucks, it seems like this might be a bad year for avalanches.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]Man, that sucks, it seems like this might be a bad year for avalanches.
first snow this year in utah we had a couple skiers get caught in one...

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Same issues here.
It snowed and froze down.
Then snowed a couple feet more and froze down again.
This makes for big thick plates to fail and slide down into/over what/whom ever.

Prime avalanche conditions so be careful people.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hey that looks familiar!!! I saw that slide in the afternoon nobody was there when we went buy but I could see that someone went up it that morning!! Great ride up there now though the snowfall was great made for some real good riding. WY Rider if you go towards fiberglass in that valley there was another smaller avy that day too.

DW

·
Registered
80 Posts
I also saw that avalanch after the fact. There were also a few more that we saw. Im also glad that we had decent riding after the snow fell. Dan I saw your trailer but never saw you or your sled anywhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts