Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think this would work...instead of using the accesory plug for leds i would put the awooga horn. would it be safe to cut out that peice of metal that sepperates the squares in the pic. any help would be appreciated

View attachment 2010102114521904_33495.bmp

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
interesting touch, why not dukes of hazard?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my brother just took it off his car...i have to see if he will give it to me. does it need that red horn part because then i could just mount it with only have to drill a hole. thanks

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
The red horn part, is part of what gives it the unique sound. Might work without it, but sound like crap.

If the horn is motorized, I dunno if the stator will have enough amperage to power it without a battery. You may hit the button and blow the stator, or draw enough power to brown out all the other components.. (lights/heaters/etc)

Try it and let us know. [thumb]

·
Registered
761 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
The red horn part, is part of what gives it the unique sound. Might work without it, but sound like crap.

If the horn is motorized, I dunno if the stator will have enough amperage to power it without a battery. You may hit the button and blow the stator, or draw enough power to brown out all the other components.. (lights/heaters/etc)

Try it and let us know. [/color=red] [thumb]

[:D][:D][thumb][thumb]

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well im gonna but a fuse on it but i have another question... can i hook up the accesory plug to a 12 volt battarie and then hok up everything to that. will it charge?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
You'll need to put in a rectifier to charge a battery...

Also, the stator is only rated for so many watts on each coil, don't over-draw them or you'll brown out circuits.

For instance, you tap into the hand warmers for battery charging.. If you decide to use high-draw accessories, turn off the hand warmers, use whatever accessory, allow the battery to recharge for a while, then turn the hand warmers back on.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
RAMROD said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

Try it and let us know. [/color=red] [thumb]

[:D][:D][thumb][thumb]

LMAO!!! [thumb][8D]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts