Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here from the B.C. area? I might be going to whistler this winter snowboarding and wanted to know when the best time to find the powder. I want to take one of the back country sled tours while I am there.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
8 Posts
What do you think would be the optimum sled for there? you need something with power, but a smaller engine, definetley 2 cyl.

Lee

"Did you hear the click? Because you have to hear the click, not just feel it, hear it."
-Adrian Monk

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm from BC but I doubt I'll have any good info for you. I don't know whistler all that well. Most of my riding has been to the East.

I would guess that January is about the best to maximize your powder encounter but caution that visibility may be limited. February would be better for the site seeing and is likely you'll get snowed on too.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
328 Posts
I Live near vancouver and have riden whistler a couple times. The best sled for that area, in my opinion, when there is lots of powder is a 800 summit highmark (151-159" track) If your not riding powder then an 800 with a 144 track is probably the best, as it still has plenty of traction but is easier to turn on the harder pack snow (less than 1 foot of powder) The best time for powder and sunny weather is late febuary. Most trails are also broken by that time of year. Hope you enjoy snowboarding and snowmobiling whistler.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts