Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 77 ski doo everest 440e and it is finally running but it will only run with choke on atmost all the way and if open all the way it will die out if i give it gas it will back fire out carb i got sled for just about nothing and rebuilt dieaframe and cleaned carb twice good any ideas i also fixed some hacked up wires from previus owner please help it driving me insane

·
Registered
393 Posts
dirtridertwo said:
i have a 77 ski doo everest 440e and it is finally running but it will only run with choke on atmost all the way and if open all the way it will die out if i give it gas it will back fire out carb i got sled for just about nothing and rebuilt dieaframe and cleaned carb twice good any ideas i also fixed some hacked up wires from previus owner please help it driving me insane
Usually if it will only run with the choke on it generally means its running way to lean.I would try spray a bit of starting fluid (fog it)into the carbs to get it started and try revving it up while spraying(don,t spray alot or for a long time.If it seems to run then your definitely not getting enough fuel.Make sure the hose going to the crankcase it in good shape as it supplies vacuum to the fuel pump.Next check fuel filter and fuel lines for cracks and also the gas line inside the tank as its often overlooked and rots off.Also I know you,ve cleaned the carbs but make sure the pilot jets are clean and not plugged.If it doesn,t run with fogging the carbs with starting fluid let us know and we,ll have to look elseware

·
Registered
38 Posts
Rainman56 said:
I would try spray a bit of starting fluid (fog it)into the carbs to get it started and try revving it up while spraying(don,t spray alot or for a long time.If it seems to run then your definitely not getting enough fuel.
Not a good idea to use starting fluid as it washes away the lubrication from the oil. What I use is the Stabil fogging oil in the spray can.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi so i swaped out the oreganal carb and put a makuni with a fuel pump on and now runs great at a idle as soon as i give it trottle it starts poping out carb but with the choke on it will rev up with no poping what is going on i also plyed with air fuel mix and the cir clip on neadle still no diffrence please help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea was going to say its running to lean..its the carb. Or it could be a crank seal...air getting in making it to lean..causing backfire... just a suggestion but not sure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts