Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a snowmobiling vacation yesterday. Went up to Aroostook county (most northern part of Maine). All in all, it wasn't too bad.

Went up on Tues and rode Tues afternoon. Trails were'nt great, but ridable. Woke up to frickin pouring rain on Wed, and rained all dam day! No riding that day. Luckily it changed to snow Wed evening and we had about 9-10 inches by Thurs morning. Lots of fields up there so all that rain pooled up in the valleys of the fields and created HUGE slush and open water areas! We didn't let that stop us...just hamered down, and blasted across. Some were quite deep, was a little intimidating at first, but after having to do it all day it was nothing. I couldn't believe how much my Polaris loved that watercrossing! It just scimmed across like nothing....flat and level.

Then on Fri we got some great riding in. Everything had froze up and we found more snow to the north along the Canadian border. Man on the border trail we were flying...between 65 and 80 mph! Long rolling hills that you launch off the top and free fall down the other side. The cool thing here is that the trail is set up as one way, then a divider in the middle and one way on the other side, so you don't have to worry about anyone coming at you....it was awesome!

Anyways we put on a total of about 570 miles in 2 1/2 days of riding. Found some nice powder riding too. As soon as I get my pics developed, I'll try and get them posted here.

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sounds like a sweet trip. You are making me jelous just reading that. Can't wait to see your pictures.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
NEW FORUM IDEA:

we need forums for ppl w/ snow and forums for ppl w/o snow....hehehe...i get jealous reading bout ur guys' rides

Ready to Ride...NEED SNOW!!!!!!...if you have snow, i hate you...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I wish we had one way trails in our area....that would rock knowing that some idiot is not going to hit in going 80 mph comiong straight at you!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, they definately give you more confidence, thats for sure! Thats one of my bigest fears if your the lead sled, and coming into a corner and not knowing if someone is coming from the other direction and on your side of the trail.

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
sounds like a good time, i too got some riding in this weekend, about 300 miles again in 2 days, between fixing my friends sled. but it was ALL GOOD!!

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

1 - 6 of 6 Posts