Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT: For the recently uploaded video, click HERE. (Est. playtime of 6 1/2 minutes.)

Well, to start off, a buddy (Josh) and I left for West Yellowstone at 5 a.m. Tuesday morning. We got there around 11 hours later to thankfully discover a fair share of snow.

We rented two sleds. Josh had a '07 Arctic Cat M8 153" and I had a '06 Polaris RMK 700 151". Though I'm a Cat guy, I liked the RMK quite a bit, even substancially better than the M8. I wouldn't mind owning one, though shorter for here on the flats.

We rode two days; Wednesday and Thursday. We ended up with about 170 miles, and lots of good memories. So, without further adue...here are some pics!

EDIT: I forgot to mention...I have a bunch of short video clips. If I ever have plenty of time, I'm hoping to convert them to .wmv and make a little movie/video out of them. We'll see how time allows though...

[attachment=54046][attachment=54047]
[attachment=54048][attachment=54049]
[attachment=54050][attachment=54051]
[attachment=54052][attachment=54053]
[attachment=54054][attachment=54055]
[attachment=54056][attachment=54057]
[attachment=54058][attachment=54059]
[attachment=54060][attachment=54061]
[attachment=54062][attachment=54063]
[attachment=54064][attachment=54065]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Pictures look good. Looks like alot of fun, and you even got to come back to some snow on the ground here in ND.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Looks like you guys had a good time...I'm jealous

·
Registered
691 Posts
i wish i could take a trip over there looks like a blast.

Nick

·
Super Moderator
11,281 Posts
Looks like fun! 5 more days till my turn [}:)][:D]

·
Registered
963 Posts
was it hard to move around the polaris or did it carve pretty well.

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The RMK wasn't too bad in the powder. It liked it plenty deep though. The deeper it seemed to get, the better it maneuvered. The M8 was easier to whip around to be honest, but I still liked the RMK.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
What did it cost to rent sleds out there??? Looks like you had a blast [:D]

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't recall which was which, but one was $145/day, and the other was $149. Optional insurance was $15/sled/day. Both sleds, both insured, for two days, was about $670.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
my girlfriend and i are concidering a trip out west to do the same thing. good action pics

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
looks like allot of fun

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm actually quite glad we used their sleds. For starters, my ZR wouldn't have made it too far before gettin' stuck in some spots off-trail. Also, I just got done riding a short bit and blew the chain. Glad that happened here and not on a trip!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by Quinlan
[br]
[attachment=54063]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is a really great pic!

Originally posted by Quinlan
[br]
[attachment=54064]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is a close second to the other pic!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Nice pictures, it looks like West Yellowstone got the same amount of snow as Cooke City did.

All we need now is snow in North Dakota, and I am looking outside right now and it looks like we have about 4-6" right now

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We have about that much snow here as well. I hate to say it, but I hope we don't get anymore for a little while. I went for a short rip yesterday and snapped the chain...probably be a few days before I can get a new one in. I also found out I blew one of the oil lines on my rear shock, so that may have to come out to get fixed. [:(]

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just thought that I'd add that I finally got my vid clips pieced together with some music. I posted the link to the video in the original post.

The video is nothing special, just some screwing around out around West. It's a form of entertainment if you don't have snow though...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts