Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be a serious sled fanatic to the point where I was going to have my first sled before my first car. Unfortunately fast cars are a passion of mine and that mixed with college has forced me to be out of the game for a while (2006) or so. The last nice sled I rode was a 2004 REV 800h.o and in 2007 I almost bought a 2004 600h.o adrenaline before I decided paying bills was more important. I'm going back to Maine, I think I'm gonna have to get myself a truck and a sled. What am I missing w all these crazy new sleds it seems like I'd be super happy w what 2003-2006 has to offer even though it's 2010.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Welcome back! You're only about an hour from me to so its cool to see other local members.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At least I know where to find riding buddies. I'm not gonna lie after being away at school and with a ton of superficial crap it's nice to be getting back into something pure again.

I'm wondering though what route I should take but I think I'd be happy with anything at this point. I'm a big Polaris fan but I love firecats and revs but the biggest dilemma is now that really nice sleds like xc sp's and zx chassis mxz's are so cheap it's hard to deny something that's tried and true. I remember watching the 2002 ski doo product video over and over and over.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sledhead678 said:
I used to be a serious sled fanatic to the point where I was going to have my first sled before my first car. Unfortunately fast cars are a passion of mine and that mixed with college has forced me to be out of the game for a while (2006) or so. The last nice sled I rode was a 2004 REV 800h.o and in 2007 I almost bought a 2004 600h.o adrenaline before I decided paying bills was more important. I'm going back to Maine, I think I'm gonna have to get myself a truck and a sled. What am I missing w all these crazy new sleds it seems like I'd be super happy w what 2003-2006 has to offer even though it's 2010.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Well, what are you looking to spend. Sleds can be found for a significant amount cheaper than they seem to be going for. What kind of riding do you do?

How much snow did you guys get in Portland? I know they were calling for 14-22".

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sledcrusher said:
Well, what are you looking to spend. Sleds can be found for a significant amount cheaper than they seem to be going for. What kind of riding do you do?

How much snow did you guys get in Portland? I know they were calling for 14-22".
I'll be about 2 hours north. I'm a ditchbanger/trail/lake/field guy. If I were looking I'd be entertaining xc sp, mxz, rev, firecat, switchback, pro x and no yamaha. Riser handlebars are a must I'm a big stand up guy and pref a 1.25-1.375 lug. Budget is under $4000 with the best deal being the determining factor on what sled gets picked.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sledhead678 said:

Welcome back.... Its been an awesome year (at least for most of us in Minnesota) to jump back in the saddle! I myself have taken some time off due to a mishap [beatup] that has left me a bit gun shy. I'm hoping that SF can give me that itch back and get me back into what I've been missing.
As far as a sled goes.... I've heard that the new Pro R is something quite Amazing [thumb] What's 10g? (Yup, all American) But hey, I'm just a Polaris fan...
Good luck with whatever you decide!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wish I could drop $10k on just a sled but I've got to replace my XJ Cherokee so I can actually get the sled where it needs to be. Hate to say it but I might have to buy a truck :(

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Buy a decent truck before you get a sled, it's easier to upgrade a sled. [thumb]

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Id only be buying a truck so i could keep the sled in the bed and still park it at school lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts