Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back from Old Forge New York today. Put on 500.5 miles total! Got up there Christmas night and rode up till yesterday. No pics sorry guys. The camera I have used was my mom's Christmas present so she played with it while we were away. Uneventful riding well not really. My cousin got thrown from his worked 99 ZR 700. Just bruised and the sled was fine. My big old 1996 XCR 600SP was getting the worst gas mileage there of course. Another Polaris riding with us blew up. He was riding with a slow guy who didn't do more than like 50 the whole time. That guy wanted to go back to camp and we were gonna go for lunch and ride more. So he came with us. We started ripping doing like 75-80 and his sled went pop. One of the cylinders is done. It is a XC with an XLT engine. Did they ever make them like that? It is an older wedge chasis. Anyway he rode it back on 2cylinders. Then went home. He works at our local dealership so he will get it fixed I am sure. My sled fowled a plug once and bogged like it was doing it again once. One carb froze up(ice built in it). Besides that I ran fine. Got to check out a guys 2002 XC 800 where he removed his stock bars and installed the ones off the 2002 ZRs. It sits at the stock height after he put in a riser and lowered it down. His stock plastic cover from the XC fits right over the bars. Looks stock except for the hooked bars and different grips. It looks really good and works great. Our Viper is running great except the first night it almost overheated!! We think the thermostat stuck closed. Stopped packed it with snow and rode home didn't do it afterwards. Trails were crappy in Old Forge but the rodes were great. Almost all of my miles were rodes. Big Moose rode was great as well as Stillwater. The lakes are still not frozen over enough to ride. Lake 4 has huge areas of open water. Our cabin is right on the lake. Upset we couldn't ride the lakes. Any questions just ask. Letting you guys know where i was since Christmas night.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also forgot to mention. The 2002 Polaris Edge tail flap sucks. I rode behind a Viper a ZR and lots of others. When I rode behind the XCs they threw more ice and rocks up at me in 1 mile then all the others combined in days. Just letting you know Polaris is still not my friends. Anyway whatever just mentioning.

·
Registered
150 Posts
lol, well everyone should know how much snow they flip up, but it's not just a 02 edge, most all polaris sleds with a 1 1/2 inch track or bigger will throw up a storm of ice and snow.

Ride Hard

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it doesn't have a track that big. I followed a 2001 XC with the longer flap and it was fine then I followed 2 2002 XCs and they were not hitting me with snow but throwing ice and rocks at me. The one trail was just hearing thud thud thud thud thud as crap hit my helmet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts