Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have never put a belt on my Jag for the 500 miles ive ever put on it and i think its starting to get bad. Some of the threads on the side of the belt come off and a small portion of the belt and a piece of rubber that you can life up, on the top. I know its kind of a bad explanation but could you guys give me some insight?

·
Registered
481 Posts
If the threads or coming off the side and it is starting to separate replace it!!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Yeah, that's called delamination. It is a common occurrence, and a sign to replace your belt before it completely separates and leaves you stranded.

Grab a new belt, and use that as a backup.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Better yet, grab 2 new belts and throw away the one you have. I have a collection of backup belts in my garage that I will never use except for backup that are only slightly hourglassed. They work great as backups to get you out because they are not failing...yet...

My rule of thumb is is to use a belt until it worries you, then throw a new one on and use the one that worried you to get out, buy a new belt, throw it on and throw good old standby back as your spare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts