Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have 2 dealers around our area, the one is a small dealer called idylwilds where we have always bought all our sleds, and there is another dealer called american powersports. My dad has been buying sleds from idylwilds since the 70's, our family has probably bought 15-20+ sleds from them. When i go in with my older brother chris jim(the owner) acts nice too me. But 2 weeks ago my dad went their to get a couple things and he was getting amsoil for me, he treated my dad like sh!t. When my dad told me how he treated him like sh!t i was suprised. He said he has never been treated so bad, he thought he treated him like sh!t because my 2nd oldest brother bought his 04 super sport brand new and it has blown up 3 times, and he said something needs to be done about it. So today me, xlt2709, and clouse2411 went their to get some stuff, we probably spent 350-400 dollars all together and he treated all of us like sh!t too. I was standing their and he made me feel like an ass because i was getting a new throttle and i took the old one in too make sure he didnt give me the wrong one again. He told me that it didnt come from their and that their is no way he will take it back, which i didnt care because i wasnt trying to return it. He got kind of pissy with me and his wife said dont get mad at him he's just a kid he doesnt know anything so there is no reason to get mad which i am almost 16. That pissed me off i almost wanted to just tell them to f*ck off and that was the last time i am dealing with them. When i got home i told my dad about it and he said that will probably be the last time we deal with them. Were going to start going to american powersports, he is really pissed off because he has bought sleds their for 30+ years and this is how we get treated. I told my older brother about it and he is still going back there because jim always treats him very good and i dont know why he doesnt treat us the same.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, I will edit it

·
Registered
577 Posts
Sounds like the dealer (Jim?) was getting a little on the side from your Mom. But she cut him off and now he is pissed and treats you and your dad like crap.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unless you are being sarcastic, i think you miss understood it, his wife said im just a kid and i dont know anything not my dads wife

·
Registered
284 Posts
blowin a sled up 3 times within like 3 seasons is pretty bad, Prolly a user error since those motors are pretty much bulletproof...I can understand their point of view on it.. They still shouldnt treat u like crap tho. But you'll have to get used to it most dealers don't really care about the customer any more. Spicers boat city up here is AWSOME. I think they are about the only place up here that really cares about their customers.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Bad dealers suck the life right out of a sport that's supposed to be fun and "community" oriented.

If you're in the Minneapolis area and you need some work done, save yourself the trouble (and suicidal thoughts) and don't go anywhere near Bristow's. The guy running the service department is the biggest moron, but more importantly the biggest jerk I've ever come across when needing some customer service. He acts like he's doing you a favor to acknowledge your existance when you're there for the fourth time in four days trying to resolve not technical issues, but his bone-headed mistakes like ordering the wrong part....4 times after giving him the specific part number!! (and this is just one of several incidents I've had with those morons)

I thought they were the only place around, so I kept going back for more punishment with my sleds and 4-wheeler until I discovered Moon Motorsports in Monticello. So far, these guys have been nothing but professional, competent, nice, and helpful in every way.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Myself personally have had good out comes with bad dealers! The owner of the company I manage had a fall out with our local Polaris dealer and I wound up with 2 sleds for cheap. And if I ever need any service or parts I drive 30 miles to a other dealers and get things worked out. There is always going to be shops and companies out there that are that way you just need to look and find the right ones.
On the owner of your local dealers defense I must say, he may be having a bad year and pressure is getting to him (do you have snow?) give him a chance and see it his way! Have a little patience and see if it gets better a person in business that long has to know what he is doing and who to keep happy. But pressure makes a person do and forget what he is in the business for. I would not boycott the gentleman for good, just test the waters for awhile and if it still persist then go somewhere else.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The fastest way to ruin your business is to treat a longtime customer like ****, 75-80% of your business is SERVICE after the sale. I know I only use a dealer that goes the extra mile for me. Spread the word nothing travels faster then word of mouth. No customers No business, simple as that.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by BigJohnson
[br]Myself personally have had good out comes with bad dealers! The owner of the company I manage had a fall out with our local Polaris dealer and I wound up with 2 sleds for cheap. And if I ever need any service or parts I drive 30 miles to a other dealers and get things worked out. There is always going to be shops and companies out there that are that way you just need to look and find the right ones.
On the owner of your local dealers defense I must say, he may be having a bad year and pressure is getting to him (do you have snow?) give him a chance and see it his way! Have a little patience and see if it gets better a person in business that long has to know what he is doing and who to keep happy. But pressure makes a person do and forget what he is in the business for. I would not boycott the gentleman for good, just test the waters for awhile and if it still persist then go somewhere else.
No we do not have snow, I understand what you are saying but my dad owns a construction bussiness when times are slow he doesnt go off on people because we dont have any work. But I guess my dad has almost always had work so he isnt in that situation too often. I thought about giving him another chance but im not sure, he is going to have to treat us very good for us to buy any more things from him

·
Registered
764 Posts
probably just pissed off from having a bad winter, I havent had to deal with him in his store at all, but i've got a buddy that runs all of jims grass drag sleds, and all i can tell ya is that jim knows his ****

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mycat8urskidoo what is your buddys name, i might no him, and yea he definitely knows his sh!t, hes a very smart guy, he is working on a 6 cylinder right now, i think it is 2 triples put together and its pretty sweet. I like his work but i just dont like the way he has treated us lately, he rebuilt my xcr 600 and did a good job but it was expensive, it cost me almost 1400 to have it rebuild it and actually his son bought and built my sled back in 95 when it was brand new, i always heard how fast it was and always dreamed of owning and now i do, im thinking im gonna give him another chance but i dont know, there are a lot of people i know that like american powersports a lot and they have nothing bad to say about them, i'm not sure what i am going to do

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
If you have got two dealers to choose from, choose the other one for a while. Maybe in the future, go back and test the waters. If your family has been doing that much business, he will know when you are gone. Give him back a little business at a time, until he earns your business. Who knows, maybe you will like the other dealer even better.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
sounds to me like a new generation ,@@SS hole,alot of the new generation ,could careless about anybody (but themselves)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've ran into the same thing.I live in Colorado and I by almost all my personal toys from Wyoming the service is better and you don't get shafted with all the extra set up fees and crap.I don't mind driving the hour or two for good service.It pays to shop around until you find good freindly service.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
thats weird...if your gonna be spending 400 dollars somewhere you would think they could be a little nice

and polaris09- we have an american motorsports down in denver and every time ive been there ive been treated great and all of there products are good as far as I can see

I dont know how they will treat you up your way but they have good products

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea a lot of people i know like american powersports, I have never heard one complaint. I think i'm gonna try out American Powersports and do a little with idylwilds, whatever one treats me better this year is the one i'm going too, I think i'm gonna go to American powersports this week or the next to see what they got and how the service is.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I guess we all have bad days, bad weeks, and even bad months. When somebody that I have dealt with for a long time treats me in a disrespectful manner, I will not do anything at that moment. I would come back in a day or two, and put the onus on the dealer and ask, "Did I do something wrong to aggravate you?" Maybe there is a misunderstanding somewhere. It is unfair for both parties to part in this manner.

Bark Mulcher.....funny stuff....Polaris09, is your mom hot??? just kidding..lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well if you think you've been treated like s**t before wait till he reads this. he will probably stop dealing with you guys all together. maybe the reason why he is treating you like s**t is because he gets asked stupid questions (like how can i modify the tunnel so i can ride a wheelie for longer distances or get a bigger wheelie off the line) maybe he is just tired of it. and about your brothers 550 fan cooled being blowed up 3 times does the word POLARIS have anything to do with it[:D] let your brother in on alittle secret for me a snowmachine is not made to be rode @ 20mph for hours on end show him what side the throttle is on and tell him to use it... and it would help if he waited till you actually got snow to ride it instead of riding it for 2 or 3 miles in 50 degree weather, with no snow....

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
^^^^Judging by your eight posts, and I read all of them, you may want to be more productive and less critical unless you can be constructive. Correct spelling is a plus also. There is a tool called "Check Spelling & Preview." It does it for you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts