Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i brought my shocks into the dealer to get them recharged, i had the front shocks off and the rear shocks still in the skid so i brought the skid in also. so i go and pick em up the other day and i get this outrageous bill that charged me for 3 hours of labor and bout 50 bucks worth of part, totallin around $210. so today i decide to start puttin it back together and i put the front shocks in and let it down off the jack and they are a helluva lot worse tahn they were b4, they are well over 1/2 way compressed while just sittin there, i can lift itup about 4-6 inches and the skis then just leave the ground. so i figure this might be because i dont have the skid in yet, so i start lookin at the skid and i am missing 2 idler wheels off of it...talk about being pissed, i was pissed bout the shocks lookin like crap to start w/ then to realize that they forgot to put idler wheels back on my skid...i better get my d*mn money back to if the shocks arent ne better than b4, and the way the look, they will be alot worse

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had 4 of em done, even though, 200 bucks is a lil much i thot......

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
How much did they charge for labour?? May buddy just had 2 pistons redone, Labour was 70$/h!!! Thats crazy.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got 156 bucks for 3 hours of labor, so must be $52/hour

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
My thought is...if I may...these guys must suck pretty badly regardless--if they forgot the idler wheels, that is!! Get all the money back, throw the new stuff they put into your sled at them, and go somewhere else...just MY opinion.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree with rotax, give the parts back, go to someone else and tell them what had happened with the other shop and what you expect out of them, the shop I go to is $35 dollars / HR CDN $ and they haven't messed up yet. I would find out shop $/HR before anything and approx time ( somethings can't be estimated on though ) Anyways sorry to hear about the bad luck and good luck with the next guy.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
me n my dad figured that some of the weight from the front would rest in the rear suspension too, so when i put the skid in i will see how bad it looks, and if its still soft, i am takin it back, sled and all, and tellin em to do it over and make em stiff and i aint payin nemore cuz they didnt do it right the first time...the are mailin back the wheels today, when i get em i will put em on and the skid on and see how the shocks look then

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
When I got my sled greased, I also loosened the rear suspension, I thought it was increadibly loose, but after I road it a bit the suspension came back up, and now it is a lot better, so if you greased the suspension that could be the problem, so don't get mad and bring it back right away, it will probably seem really loose, and check the spring setting, that is a bit expensive, I get mine done for under $30.00 a shock, that's a rebuild.

·
Registered
412 Posts
After you've got it back together, if it still doesn't seem right, I would bring it back to the shop that did the work. I'd talk to the owner and let him/her know I'm not happy and why, and give them the opportunity to make it right for you. In my experience some businesses will bend over backwards to fix a problem rather than lose a customer and have them bad-mouthing the business all over the place. Don't under-estimate the value of word-of-mouth.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thas exactly what i plan on doin jacqui

and for ZRT600: i didnt say ANYTHING about greasin my suspension, grease has nothing to do w/ the front shocks, the only thing that u grease near the front shocks on my sled is the spindles that turn the skis

1 - 12 of 12 Posts