Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea how to drain my carbs , I really did a dumb as thing this summer, forgot to put STABIL in my gas now both of my sleds have bad gas in the craburetors , what should I do how can I drain them , what needs to come out inorder to get to them ? HHHEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPP please.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
You can get fuel additives that will clean out your carbs fairly well. If you can't find those just pull your carbs and give them good clean up. Use the search function on the site, there is a good "how to" on carb cleaning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK I just looked at the carbs ,I think if I remove the air cleaner box I will be able to get to the carbs just fine , what is the best carb cleaner to use after I clean the old gas out ? I will never forget to STABIL anything after this experience .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Daman thanks piece o cake gonna clean them at my shop in the morning , after this one is running I have to do my wifes srx also.Let me tell everyone this is not gonna happen again . STABIL has been added to my shop shelf , I bought a case at the local parts store ,the parts pro just laughed and laughed at me .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Daman , do you think the fuel pump will flush itself out ,if I let some new gas run through the line when removing the carbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts