Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We both had plans to head up to Watersmeet MI over the weekend for a ride on some UP trails. Set to meet up at 8am and ride the day away. Turns out with both hit some hard luck!

We get up to laona and loaded the sleds up and the trailer lights went out. Took an hr to get them all fixed up and ready to rock. All seemed well so we relaxed and got some sleep. Got up at 6a.m. to head up to watersmeet. By about Popple River we felt a pop and thought it was just some ice falling off the trailer. Took a look and everything seemed fine. Got back on our way, but when we hit Iron River the trailer was slidding around to much. Pulled over to find out our wheel bearings took a poo. I guess that lil bounce in Popple River was the inner bearing going to poo. By the time we hit Iron River thats when the out-side blew causing the tire to almost fall off. It alse heated up enought to melt the left over bearing to the shaft

Luckly we had some relatives who knew some people up this way. Got a torch and cut he old bearings off the shaft. Pressed some new ones in and called it good. So we sat in Iron River from 8 tell about 10:30 fixing a trailer in a parcking lot cutting our trip short.

Then we unloaded right in Iron River instead of heading to watersmeet. Over all with our day cutting us short we pushed 180 miles for a good trip, but it could have been better.

Watersmeet had some good trails for the conditions and traffic was ok nothing to bad. 180 miles was all we could push with our delayed start. I snapped a few pics but I was more into riding then stopping for pic's.

All post the pics sometime this week we I get sometime!

Woodeye and his buddy Dave also ran into some hard luck. They made it up to Watersmeet unlike my friend and I. So they put on some miles while I was working frantically on my trailer. While riding they where having some issues with their sleds running lean. They chose to pack up and ride anotherday. Hopefully everything gets worked out for them also.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Well at least you got to ride man!

·
Registered
615 Posts
sounds like the luck i was havin on friday.
i hooked up to my trailer 7:00am and the lights were all messed up.then 5 minutes into my first time out riding i hit a culvert and cut 1/4-1/2 way into my ski.

time delay and price to fix bad ground : -3 hrs $20.00
new ski : $90.00
200 miles first time out this year: priceless

·
Registered
277 Posts
Going to do some rejetting this week. Should be good to go by the weekend. At least we finally got a few miles in!! At least we have some snow here now so I won't have to drive three hours to find out if it's good to go this time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts