http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIsm7wsmS38

·
Registered
567 Posts
Damn

·
Registered
117 Posts
yeah that was pretty bad it looked like he hit a pressure ridge , he mus of flew a hundred feet before he hit the ice. damn.

·
Registered
571 Posts
gotta love those pressure ridges!

·
Registered
581 Posts
crap..........

·
Registered
258 Posts
what an idiot. Lessons learned.....know your surroundings of where you ride.

Now.....thats gonna leave a mark!

·
Registered
123 Posts
wow! that would hurt!

·
Registered
449 Posts
It definitley sobered those people up real quick. Lesson learned. Don't explore rivers at 100+ mph. Always explore your line first before giving it hell, and stick with it.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I know a guy that hit a pressure ridge like that at 100+ mph (as fast as his sled would go), it totalled his sled, and the throttle lever punctured his suit and went all teh way to the bone in his leg.

He was riding WOT in the dark on Lake Simcoe, and left the trail for some fresh pow, then whammo..

·
Registered
276 Posts
That fast on a snow covered river, he was asking for it. Terrible accident though.

There is an area on Hubbard lake, every year it seems to be in a different spot but a 4-8ft high ice wall where the ice collides forms in the middle of the lake somewhere. Quite a few years ago my uncle and dad and a few friends were riding home in the dark at around 65 and my uncle hit it, him and the sled went air born, totaled the sled but my uncle escaped with a busted up leg and some crazy bruising.

·
Registered
863 Posts
when i was younger, about 10 years old. me and my dad were walking out to our fish hut. to get tthere you need to cross the pressure crack. on the other side of the crack, we kept finding little plastic pieces of a snowmobile. must of hit it going to fast and totalled the sled. just thought id share.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ouch!

My uncle told about a time he was going WOT across a lake on his '86 El Tigre(?). He got about 3/4 across and decided to turn around. As he slowed down to turn he noticed a huge wall of ice right in front of him. He said it about scared him to death. He never saw it because it blended in so well. That guy got pretty darn lucky.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
dont drink and ride. dont drink and ride and try to impress your drunk friends. stick to other party tricks that dont involve flying down a river at vision tunneling speeds and hit a ice-dam turning your wasted self into ice-cream.

this could all have been avoided if they just stuck to pu$$y shots..... or if he was 5 feet to the left.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
its an ice she4lf, forms when the ice rises up on the other ice, kind of like the continential plates causing earth quakes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts