Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we were going to breakfast sunday morning in Luther, Michigan, myself, my best friend, and my cousin. My friend was leading on the side of the road on the way back in the ditch and pulled way ahead of me and my cousin, we found him about a minute later, sled on its side and mangled and he was laying on the ground lifeless, he turned out alright after gaining consciousness and ended up breaking both main bones in his left leg, completley separating them apart from each other. Turns out he hit a driveway that to me was also very hard to see, he said he was doing about 60, coulda happened to anyone. he is in the hospital right now and will be out tomorrow. I know it sounds like he was being irresponsible flying down the side of the road like that but it was flat except that part, he is a very good rider and very responsible.

To add insult to injury after the trails being so bad, it snowed the whole way home HARD!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Just goes to show that even experienced riders make mistakes. Hope you buddy has a speedy recovery!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, his pride is worse than his leg

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
If his pride is that bad just keep telling him that sh!t happens, you get up and start again. Everone wrecks at one point or another in their life no matter how experienced they are. Hope he has a quick recovery

·
Registered
831 Posts
Originally posted by scaryfast. I know it sounds like he was being irresponsible flying down the side of the road like that but it was flat except that part, he is a very good rider and very responsible.
Glad he is ok.

But now back to business: FLAT EXCEPT.....

What part ate him and his sled up?

Get my point!

Bulldog

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BULLDOG: yes i get your point and i know its stupid but everyone does something stupid every once in awhile, the sled went end over end and completley smashed in the tunnel and the front, it was a rev 500 mxz i think, but i will not take away from him that he is a responsible rider, that is why i posted that because he is in fact an excellent role model on the trails, not poking at you at all, i get what your saying, but no one is perfect, woulda happened to me too and im not a fast rider, thanks for the concern

·
Registered
831 Posts
Scary,

Glad you took my statement, in a positive vein.

I am an old fart and have seen so much destruction in my life. From my 3 years in Nam, motorcycling, autos and snowmobiling.

I have seen young folks torn up or killed for such obvious reasons. When a young man or women messes up their lives as well as those around them, it tears at my heart.

When they tear up up a $30K automobile, $20K motorcycle, $10K snowmobile, I could care less. That is only material things and time will allow for payment or replacement.

I do understand what a true accident is and I also understand that sometimes "chit happens". I have been in and placed myself in both situations. I am handicapped today from a "True" motorcycle accident. Nothing I could have done would have prevented it. I have been screwed up since the summer of 96. My economical future and health have been pooched ever since.

I truly hope that your bud gets out of this with no lingering effects. If they crush his sled into a little junk cube, oh well!

It would be a shame for this accident to happen, and for no one to learn something from it. That is my point.

My Prayers are sent for now and the future!

Bulldog

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think what you said is true in every way, that is why i posted this is for others to learn from this mistake or mishap, again, thank you for the prayers, it means a lot to me and him

1 - 8 of 8 Posts