Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is up with this really bad winter in the upper midwest? I live in minnesota and we have had like a total of 5 or 6 inches of snow this entire winter and now its suppose to get hot.I have only put about 35 -40 miles on my sled. This really sux.[:(!]

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wow, 35 - 40 miles, really? You lucky SOB! I've got about 3, and that's with the ass-end on a stand!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Exactly Jakyll, It must be rough, especially considering mine hasn't left the garage yet. But I feel bad for you. :D

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I got about 430 miles. Then today the temp was 45. snow is pretty much gone or ice now.

This is not global warming. A few facts. The south is having one of their coldest winters yet, if it was global warming, it would be warm there too.

We had the coldest October on record this year.

It may have been 45 here, but on the other side of the jet stream, IE the east, it wasn't warm.

I dunno about the rest of the world, but the term global, means everywhere. I know way up north the temps are still really cold.

Lack of snow = drought, not global warming.

Look at records, it's been nearly this warm before.

Chinooks aren't global warming, it's just a surge of warm weather from the pacific. Day after tomorrow the high's are around 0.

Global warming would be the whole world getting hot, all the time. not just 1 or 2 days of heat.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Sheesh......here in South eastern Ontario it hasn't been too bad. Late compared to last year.We're supposed to get a blizzard tonight right through tomorrow. Just sitting here with my fingers crossed and praying to the snowgods.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Not meaning to brag but holy $hit! is it evry snowin now. I can't sleep now. I'll be hittin the coffee shop on the way to work just to stay awake tomorrow.Man I hope everyone else gets the snow soon too.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It's suppose to be down in the lower single digits in NY here for the next few weeks. Some snow with it on and off too. Of course the 2-3 feet is still here.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Arg! The truck said 52 degrees today at lunch! This is the second day in a row with 50+ temps in MPLS, MN! The way I figure, this is about 6 weeks of riding we've missed so far. We have "zip" for snow and now, probably "crap" for ice.

When's Winter Coming? [:(!][/size=5]

·
Registered
33 Posts
you guys should come to Maine, it has snowed now everyday for a week atleast an inch or so every mornin.. ill get some pictures you should see my front yard.. i got me some mountains of the elusive white stuff... so come to Maine we got some serious snow up here

·
Registered
312 Posts
i know what your talking about Maingirl ,,, we've almost goten the same down home,, over a foot and a half last night on the lake ,, was awsome ,, put on over 45 miles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Must be nice to have 5-6 inches for the season. I think I may have had an inch for the whole year. Southern WIsconsin has been and is for the most part bare of all snow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I guess we are lucky - this is my first season as a snowmobile owner, and here in midcoast Maine we have tons of snow. Wish my timing was this good for the stock market!

Scott

·
Registered
76 Posts
i think it'd be nice to move to new york where they get 3 feet at a time from lake effect snow, thats be nice, last time it was snowing 5 inches per hour! thats more snow than we have now. now its just cold here, really cold and all frozen 2 inches of snow, it bites, think its time to stud the dirt bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts