Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some pics of riding on Mt Baker(1/15), it was a great day to be on the mountain

enjoy[:)]

south face of Mt Baker
[attachment=56558]

headin to up the basin
[attachment=56560]

lookin south towards seattle
[attachment=56561]

little air on the way out
[attachment=56562]

snowbridge (note the handrail on the bridge)
[attachment=56563]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
wow, if i had half that snow all my dreams would of became true.

nice pictures. anything break? haha

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
wow is that place hammered. look at all those tracks. did you find any powder??

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Mt Baker huh? Never actually been to the mountain but when I was in Vancover, BC for track and field I could see it. The meet was actually in Burnaby, BC. It was pretty sweet at the south end of the track it was just a beautiful view of Mt Baker. In was in late man and it was still just covered with snow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No didnt break anything [:)]

The lower basin was hammered, the upper section we were still able to find some open areas, but once we climbed out the back and to the left of the second picture there was some great powder

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
that looks fun i should get out and do some mountain riding closest ive been is the tug hill region

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it is a great place to ride

when we get the big snows up there... it is even hard to get into the lower basin let alone carve up the slopes. was up there on Christmas eve and there was 3 feet of wet heavy powder...talk about work and we had trouble just getting up to the basin from the meadows.

schrieber meadows are just below the basin and have about a feet of powder...tons of jumping and carving to be had
[attachment=56655]

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome. Nice pictures! Cool picture looking East towards Seattle - I have a niece going to college at Washington State. I would have to agree that is pretty deep snow on that bridge!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
hey were you live? do you go ride bearpaw? The place you were riding dose not look like the area we ride it looks better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I live in Mukilteo.

Ive never ridin bearpaw. Where is it.

Baker is hella sweet when there is fresh powder. Lots of country to ride and tear it up though. When there is powder it cane be a chore all day but really nice.

·
Registered
224 Posts
bearpaw is well its hard to tell ya we head up yo baker going threw belingham and when you get up there a ways we turn off to the left up a logging road and go fo about 20 to 30 min crossing the river and find a parking spot and go ride i can ask my buddies for milage or a road name and let you know.
we went and road up to the towers up at martin creek saterday it was hard packed and made it a little fast on the down hill but for climbing it was great.i live in goldbar and work out of monroe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in lynnwood, wa (15 miles north of seatle). I have never been to Baker before. I will have to check it out. My favorite places are blewett Pass(recer creek sp) and last resort past rosyln, wa. I started riding out of snoqualmie pass (crystal springs sp), but there is never a smooth groomed trail even with the groomer because tone of people sled there so i leave it alone now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lumpdog I am just north of a few miles.

Baker is great when it gets snow. Righ now it is pretty hammered. Maybe the last few days brought some new snow. It is faily close too. I can be unloaded and ridin in an hour and a half from my drive way.

I have not been to Blewitt but heard good.. Is it more of weekend trip or can you make a day out of it?

·
Registered
224 Posts
me and my bud paul are going to GOLD CREEK friday night for a saterday ride that is over off hy 20 we go in from chelan side of the mountains because pauls dad lives over there.nice groomed trails and hella nice riding areas.well griz_rider we will have to go ride bearpaw sometime ill let you know next time we go its going to be a while we are going to revelstoke march 21 to the 25th now thats the best.

·
Registered
224 Posts
well this sucks main berrings on the pto side went to **** today now its a bottom end rebiuld time in the middle of the season

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh no...that sucks bro

i just had to repair my recoil, broke a chord a week ago...wasnt too bad

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went to the reecer creek SP on blewett pass last weekend and it was great. the base was frozen solid with abot 3 " on top, but all the roads were smooth in the am so you couls cruise on the open areas.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts