Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to who rides the Baldwin, MI trails as we have the opportunity to go up there this yar but we will go to WI if the trails aren't worth it. We usually ride in Tomahawk WI... Just how are Baldwins trails compared the Tomahawk???

·
Registered
268 Posts
petrey10 said:
Just curious as to who rides the Baldwin, MI trails as we have the opportunity to go up there this yar but we will go to WI if the trails aren't worth it. We usually ride in Tomahawk WI... Just how are Baldwins trails compared the Tomahawk???
Do you ever get up to the western U.P. we have great trails here and get lots and lots of snow up here in White Pine Mi

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I ride the Baldwin/Ludington/Irons/Lake county trails at least once if not twice a month. Last year yeah we really didnt have that great of a snow fall so it was worth going to the UP, but this year we should be making up for it. Just becareful right in Baldwin...heard of a lot of people getting tickets for little/stupid things because the state boys are trying to bring in some money.
But on a good not fun trails to ride. Let me know if or when you want to go, can leave from my house on the sleds or meet in town.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've heard they are decent. You can go a long way on them and ride almost to the bridge is what I've been told. It is true that the trails lacked snow... they were pretty bad. I'm hoping that this year really makes up for last!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Baldwin is kinda a scarey area.....You would do much better to go a few miles north to Irons or Wellston. Lots of people bitching about the law nit picking people with stupid tickets. I was looking for property in the area a few years ago.....I am so glad I didn't buy there. They are gonna ticket people right away from riding there.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I agree with dodger I'd rather ride irons or wellston. Baldwin is just a pain! State boys tried to ticket me for loud exhaust! I ride a shift with a slp can. my buddy rides a ultra with psi mod blaster pipes never said a word to him?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
You will be OK in Baldwin, but for the best snow head north through Wolf lake, Peacock, to Irons and Wellston. I seen people complaining about the whole area last year and receiving stupid tickets. People going off trail to turn around and getting tickets,....so they say, as an example. I rode Irons and Wellston a lot up to 3 years ago with no issues. I loved riding the Kaleva area up to Thompsonville and north. Never had no issues there with the law.

I have never rode sleds in Tomahawk before......Drove through many times and a company I used to work for had a forestry dealership there. I always avoided stopping because I knew they would want to get hammered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts