Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am writing a essay for school on banning/restricting sleds in national parks. I am against, anyone have any idea for the paper? ive thot of a few with pollution matters and irrisponsible riders, ne other ideas? any one know of any places to get information for this?

THanx

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hey Good topic for your paper man. Its nice to know that there are more young"er" people than myself beginning to worry about this. I've got a few ideas that you are more than welcome to try and research...though im not sure where you could find such research to back it up...i know i read it somewhere so if you are lucky you might find something.

1. Emissions on sleds are progressing quickly, when and if Direct injected 2-stroke engine are installed on sleds...this will reduce emissions drastically. (im a fan of 2-stroke engines, they are also trying to restrict to a "4-stroke only" sled type of entrance) I just read this in an article in snowgoer or american snowmobilier.

2. Erosion to the land. This is fact but i dont know where the source is (sorry) A buffalo or white tailed deer for that matter causes MUCH more damage to the land that a snowmobile does. think about the weight of the animal and the surface area its feet, now think about the weight of a snowmobile + rider and the surface area of the track and ski's. To make this a little easier to understand, think about if your Mother were to stand on your foot with the heel of a high heel shoe, its gonna hurt, alot. Now think if she stands on your foot with a tennis shoe....not gonna hurt as much. Same basic principal. The sled has soo much surface area in contact with the snow that it puts much much less pressure on the land than most any animal out there. (i hope you get what i am talking about)

3. They are national parks that everyone has a right to see, if they dont let me in why should i continue to support such places?

Well i hope i have a few relevent thoughts on the topic....good luck with your paper.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ur first reason i already thought of, that is where i got the whole idea, if they ban sleds, they better ban cars that arent 100% electric after that. cars polute too, or if they dont, if ur car is older than a certain year you cant bring it in, or if it doesnt pass some emission test. it has to be a point of view essay too, so i cant switch sides, i have to say that they shouldnt restrict snowmobiles because of this and this and this. have to have 5 reasons. here is my list so far:

1.Parks are meant to be enjoyed by all people, banning sleds is discriminating against us

2.Sleds are getting better and better about their emissions, and cars polute too

3.Irrisponsible riders can be stopped by more patrolling.

4.(pending) The harming the land w/ the weight distribution

i never really thot of that, but it does make sense.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I wrote one last year got 95% on it but deleted it from my comp over the summer. Also include something about how dirtbikes make just as much polution as a sled but you don't see them banned.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
134 Posts
yeah u all are very right on ur answers...why supports something we cant go into...i feel that any where cars can go snowmobiles can go...snowmobilers bring in a lot of money during the winter months and its a really fun sport and a lot of people are into it...i think we should be allowed to ride through the parks

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
837 Posts
why are the parks even there if they can't be used, you don't see your cities park say that your no allowed to wake through it. you know if a city park was never used it would be turn into something else like housing, so if we don;'t use the big parks, what will happen to them???

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im just gonna start comin here to ask on stuff for my essays.....lol......good ideas.....i just thot of another reason too.....i was reading somewhere about how people wouldnt go through the gates to get into Yellowstone because they couldnt pass the sound test or something, or they just went in there cuz they wanted, but even if they ban sleds, if you wanna get in, ur gonna get in, might as well be legal and if we can go in there legally, we will probably stay where they want us to stay...i will post my finished work on here for u guys to enjoy ;) and see how u all helped out, that is if i can piece it all togehter so the teacher lieks it...lol

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Good Luck!

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
[blue][/blue][/font=Comic Sans MS] I thought Bush is gonna try help us , snowmobilers , atvers, and more trying to reverse of what al gore/bill clinton has already damaged during their 8 years in white house.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got the report pretty much done now, just gotta check it over and hand it in, if i remember tomorrow i'll see if i can get it home to show yall...

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
you bring up a good point. if we wanna get in we will get in even with a ban on sleds. lots of similar situations tho. drugs are illegal but they are in mass abundance. get caught with drugs they take your drugs and throw you in jail. What happens if your caught riding in a park?? they gionna take your sled and throw you in jail?? stupid government.... im moving to canada

Bobby
My wife said its Her or the sleds........ I'm sure gonna miss her

Stop Inbreeding....... Ban country Music

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
sorry i didn't reply a bit sooner. i did my term paper on this very subject last year, and i have it on a disk here somewhere. you probably didn't need a 3000 word paper, although i did get an A on it.

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm.......this spring i have like a 6 page or 10 page term paper.....ill keep u in mind...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts