Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me know some handle bar suggestions you guy have for a '92 440 XCR...also for the mean time some new grips my hands kill after a ride so I need something alittle more soft. I have hand a thumb warmers atock so how do I keep them when changing the stock grips?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I started a thread a few days ago dealing with this. Nobody replied either, so guess everyone either stays stock on this stuff or the subject has been beaten to death and no-one cares to reply.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I have SLP ultra lite bars with ODI 8" grips and I love the way they feel. To remove the stock grip simply take a razor blade and make several shallow cuts across the grip and then rip it apart.

If you have not put hooks on the bars there should be a little hole in the end of the grip put a air nozzle on a compressor in that hole squeeze the trigger and hold it down and the grip should just slide off.

To remove the stock heaters from the bars you will just have to peel it off and be careful not to rip it!!!! If you do rip it you will just have to but a new one not a big deal!!

I know SLP makes what the call a cushion grip so you might want to look at that if you want something softer!!

DW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts