Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put these on a 97 XLT Sp? I am a big dude and my effing knees are always whacking the bars cuz I sit close and ride it like a dirt bike. I was thinking about installing the 1 1/2" bar raising blocks but I don't want to feel like I'm driving a truck.

Lemme know,
KB

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I plan on installing the 2" risers on mine sometime this month. Will let you know how they turn out. Another nice addition to these handle bars are the bar hooks. I put a set of the 45 deg on mine. Made a huge difference in steering leverage.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
You won't feel like your driving a truck, should save a little damage to your knees. Like Tfin said, it will give you better leverage.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I put one on my '97 AC and its sweet. I'm 6'1" 230# . The only thing that was a problem was that the throttle cable wasn't long enough. I did some research and got one from a'99 AC and was g2g. Now I see that they have adapters that do the same thing. Keep that in mind when you buy it.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I put 2" on my 92 XCR 440. Just barely fit, throttle cable tugs a tiny bit on full right hand turns, lol.

-Dean

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 2" riser block on my '98 XC600 (wedge chassis) with no problems at all. I even had an additional 1" block on it too, with no problems with the cable length. 2" seems to be ideal, it gets the bars up in a more controllable position and you won't hit your knees at all now. Plus, you can still be comfortable in the sitting position with this set up.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
the only problem w/ the 3" blocks i have on my powder special is that no covers really fit it quite right.....it could be my hooks too...but i think i will like the risers...just made it so much easier to ride while standing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts