Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the poin of bar raisers? Do they make it easier to steer or is just to make it more comfortable for standing and riding?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so do u just add moto cross handle bars on or what..............how much do raisers cost

·
Registered
901 Posts
ya i just put a 2 inch block riser and the difference is amazing. im a tall guy at 6'2 so i need a bigger riser yet but even a little bit makes a difference. even if you ride trails i would suggest a 2 inch block riser, its more comfortable and its nice to have if you ever want to go off trail. my dad thought they were a waste and doesnt believe in standing up while snowmobiling, i let him drive my sled, he is buying some risers on monday for his sled. but if you stand up more i would get a 4 inch or higher depending how tall you are i made the mistake and just bought a 2 inch because i didnt want to install any extensions but after riding a buddies sled with 6inch pivot risers there is a world of difference. personally i will never have stock bar height again but others prefer stock hieght. also consider your height when buying risers and how heigh you want your bars. taller people have to get 4-8inches depending on what they feel is comfortable but smaller people can get away with 2 or 3 inch risers.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Originally posted by ripNride
[br]so do u just add moto cross handle bars on or what..............how much do raisers cost
you can use stock handle bars and they are fairly cheap $20-60 depending on brand and height

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice....thanks for the info and pics.......when i get my progect sled im goona do that to it

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Well on my sled iam running stock prox riser's which are 4.5" and then adapter plus my protapers. you need adapters with protapers because there a 1 1/4 bar. stock sled bars are 7/8 and some motocross bars are too. i would sugest a powermad pivot adapter and then articulating risers. here's a site that sells them. http://www.rsiracing.com/

·
Registered
644 Posts
yAh my risers are on the way ... :) almost went into my windshield because i didnt have any and was playing around wen i was standing up ur arms are so low the bars act like a tripping affect // over you go

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I have 3" risers but they have a 30 degree base so instead of going up and back towards you they go strait up. I like them because it is more comfortable when I stand up, but also you get more leverage to throw your sled around when carving or pulling skilies.
Mine are made by OLE'S MACHINE and they only cost like 35 bucks and were installed in 20 min.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Ive got a Powermadd articulating bar riser conversion kit with a 2" Pro-X riser block, which gives me a total of 4 1/2" of rise and I love it.
I like taller bars because I feel that it gives me the ability to stand while riding without being all hunced over the bars. Plus it just looks cool.
I use the stock Polaris EDGE handlebars and I didnt need to get a longer throttle cable or brake line.
[attachment=55079][attachment=55080]
Its actually a pretty easy mod. I put the conversion kit, rise block and handguards on my sled in less than 30 minutes. IMO, its a mod that anyone who is an aggressive trail rider or someone who often rides on rough trails should do. It made a big difference in my sled, thats for sure. Id never want to go back to a sled with low handlebars.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i have the stock 3 inch riser on my sno pro and ordered another 3 inch powermadd riser and hand guards well see how it looks when im done

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah....on my sled they are really low too, like if u stop and arnt paying that much attention u bassically fall ontop of ur windshield

·
Registered
66 Posts
^lmao

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i got a 3 inch riser form powermadd for christmas, cant wait till the sled comes out of the shop to install them

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
i have botha 2 inch riser for long ars trail rides and a 4 inch riser for ditvh baning and stuff like that

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have a 5inch block with a 1 inch spacer kit... Awesome hiehgt, no more hurting back or sore knees. It makes the sled 100 X's easier to manuver.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I heard that if you raise your bars over 4 inches, you should also raise your steering support bracket. Something about too much leverage & bending the post. I have never seen one raised before, but heard there is a kit for that too. May be just hearsay.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts