Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get asked a lot about this and I see it in other peoples posts quite a lot as well.
So I'll throw out the basic process that I gave some one else on another thread.

Disconect throttle cable from throttle block.
There is an E-clip or C-clip holding it in.

Screw the end of the brake line out of the master cylinder and the other end out of the caliper.
Look at how it's routed so that you can put the longer one in the same.

Disconect the throttle cable from the oiler and from the carbs,
again, look at the routing for the same reason as brake line.

Remove the bar clamp and set bars aside to where the wires will let it sit.

Bolt risers and adapter if needed (don't know what you ride or what kind of riser you are looking at) to top of stearing post or to bar clamp, wich ever is applicable for your machine/risers

Bolt bars to the risers in the position they will be

attach throttle cable to thumb throttle with stock E or C clip.
attach oiler and carb sides of throttle cable.

Adjust OIL SIDE FIRST to where the allignment marks are not quite lined up, but do line up perfectly when free play is taken out of cable, but carbs do not open at all yet.

Now zip tie throttle to grip or have some one hold it in full throttle position while you adjust carb side.
Your rack or carbs should just hit full throttle position when thumb throttle just hits the grip.
This way you will have the propper free play at idle and your micro safety switches will work propperly.

Attach both ends of your brake line accordingly and bleed them just like you would any other hydraulic brake.
Galfer fitting spec says DO NOT TIGHTEN BANJO BOLT OVER 0.5KG

Now look at your electricals and extend them one at a time if needed.

Check all routing to make sure no cables are making tight turns and that nothing is touching exhaust pipe etc.
I do like to use the zip ties here.
Some times a little heat tape is needed when things are close to the pipe as well.
If it looks like it will get hot, be safe and give it a wrap

Go back and check your throttle cable adjustment on both oiler and carbs BEFORE starting motor.
Make sure that it goes smoothly from idle to full throttle and back.

There you go, it's done
bar risers, brake line, and throttle cable.

·
Registered
97 Posts
what if my cable is to short? where do i get a longer one?

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I know.
I didn't want to use this as an advertisement so much though as to give a little back.
I'm on the forums here quite a bit and do get asked this quite a bit too,
so I thought it would help a little in general.
Got the idea from reading a How To that DS wrote

·
Registered
33 Posts
I installed a powermadd throttle cable extender - Don't like it.

Has anyone simply purchased a longer throttlr cable and installed it? I have a 2003 800 rmk and the throttle adjustment is not an issue...but I am unsure of the oil cable adjustment.

Help!
Thank you

·
Registered
661 Posts
I purchased a set of extended throttle cables from Gravity Worx racing (Student Driver) & installed them easily & they work great on my RMK 700. I do recommend them over the extension.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will see the oil pump allignment mark on the arm of the pump by where the cable attaches.
Look for the 2 marks where the can line up as the oiler moves.

Thanks Timber for the positive cable report.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts