Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my dad just bought 20 lathes!! omg ya thats a lot..my shop is now filled with lathes and about 3 thousand barrels of an overbundacne of potatoes...wheres the room for the poo?? ok well if i manage to start using/working with these lathes i will be making homeade bar risers if i can find a place that sells aluminum blocks to carve from...now if everything plans out the risers wil be for sale..just letting you guys know...cause they will be at discount prices..they will obviously be block style because thats easiest..

now the lathes are also for sale..im not sure the price but i will post it later

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what happens when i become an sf supporter??? do i just donate or what???im not going like total company..just an idea...like just make em for the guy that cant afford the 90 dollar articualting risers..cause i got the idea making some for me..cause i can make em for free and though someone else might benefit from this so its kinda like a help someone out

·
Registered
39 Posts
My dad is a Tool and Die maker. Last fall he made me and all the guys I ride with risers. They turned out pretty darn good. I suggested to my old man that he make a bunch of them and sell them on Ebay or something. But the company he works for probably wouldent be to fond of that. Good luck with every thing.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
would they be just aluminium blocks with 4 holes in them. I made a bunch for my old sleds like that with just a drill press. kinda heavy unless you drill the center out too.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Originally posted by WY_rider
[br]would they be just aluminium blocks with 4 holes in them. I made a bunch for my old sleds like that with just a drill press. kinda heavy unless you drill the center out too.
^^^ thats exactly what i JUST got done doing at a buddys house.. its turned out pretty good. Still had to buy the cable extenders though.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya well i would proabbyl try al possible ways to make it the lightst or best qualty..thanx for the help guys..there is info on the lathes under the swap meet other category..ill tell u if all goes well...

·
Registered
541 Posts
I just made one myself. Block of aluminium from the machine shop, a milling machine and a drill press!

Still requires some more tweaking (ie: more holes).
[attachment=51715]

[attachment=51716]

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
^^^ that looks pretty darn good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts