Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys... i got a set of 2 1/2 inch bar risers or they might be three i cant recall....i was just wondering with either size i dont have to get extensions or anything correct. I have a 02 polaris 700. thanks everyone please get back to me

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i have a 99 700 RMK with a 6 1/2 and i didn't HAVE to, i did extend the throttle cable because it was just a little to tight for my liking, and our 02 700 rmk has a 2inch with plenty of cable left

·
Registered
632 Posts
take the bars off the clamp and see how high you can lift them. You should be able to go 3" with no problem, but seems all sleds are not alike. My 02 MXZ wont allow for 2".

·
Registered
123 Posts
i have a 2006 fusion and i put a 2" bar riser on it. that was the max height i could go it was a tight fit. i would be safe and go with extensions. i had a friend that put a riser on that was to tight and he blew it up because it was something to do with the cables being to tight?

·
Registered
320 Posts
My 1997 ultra spx went very high with no problems but most "MOST" Sleds can go 2-3" before having problems. The idea of taking bars up and putting riser in or wood to measure is the best way to save some money. But on a serious note... If you do not have enough room it can cause major problems if you start it up and the throttle is wide open. Or if you think your fine and go into a corner to find turning is too much and the throttle just rips open.

So be sure to have enough room. I put a 4" block in my 97 and then 7" riser bars and have just enough room that I did not have to go with extensions.... However putting riser bars on my indy 400 I had to extend the brake line and throttle which is still a work in progress.

Best of luck! And I am sure you will be fine!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
No. Just take off the handlebar pad. There should be 2 tabs that pull down on the bottom of each side. There about 3 inches long. Slide those off and the bar pad will come off. Then its just 4 bolts. Lift up the bars and bolt on the riser block. Turn your skis each way to make sure nothing is being pulled. You should be just fine tho.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
they maybe changed them on the edge's but on my genII the bar pad was bolted together not just the plastic pins, havent looked at our edge to check for sure

1 - 13 of 13 Posts