Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '97 Supersport and i want to install bar risers. I was wondering how high i can go without extensions and still being able to install the stock bar pad? Also what type of risers should i get? Are pivot risers necessary? Or is a riser block fine?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
jtb0322 said:
I have a '97 Supersport and i want to install bar risers. I was wondering how high i can go without extensions and still being able to install the stock bar pad? Also what type of risers should i get? Are pivot risers necessary? Or is a riser block fine?
Probably about 2 to 3 inches high without extending stuff. To check take the bars off and pull them up as far as they can go without having the lines pulled tight. Measure that and you know how high you can go. I wouldn't get a riser block. I would get a pivot riser. The steering post is angled back and a block will rise bit also push the bars farther back. A pivot riser will go straight up and give you a true rise.

·
Registered
645 Posts
my 92 indy, 2inches. with a throttlewire extension and if you bend the copper tube on the brake line you could get way more...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking at the powermadd pivot risers on shadetree amd what all would I need? Do I need an adapter for pivot risers or not? Does anyone have a link to exactly what I would need? But i want to also be able to install my stock bar pad over the riser

·
Registered
351 Posts
The pivot adapter stated above is your best bet. Gives you all the rise you need and gives you bar adjustment for what is best for you. You will not need anything other then that your stock bar pad should go on it just as it always has there will just be a gap at bottom of pad to hole where shaft comes through. The block style would work also just not adjustable all depends on if you want to spend 20 bucks or 60 bucks for comfort? But make sure you have 3 inches play to go up. If not SLP makes a pivot adapter that is shorter and then you can add a block after if needed.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill check tomorrow for the 3 inches and see where I am from there. Will this alone work on my sled? http://www.shadetreepowersports.com/cgi-bin/D4E5C765/mac/qryitems.mac/itemDisplay?qryType=STYLE&itemSt=99-604&coreDsc=Powermadd%26trade%3B%20Pivot%20Adapter%20Kit

·
Registered
351 Posts
http://www.startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=25&productID=64

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
waffle said:
The universal pivot adapter here will work. It's great because its cheap and works. It gives you 3 inches of rise right off the bat which is what most people start with when getting risers because you normally don't need to extend anything. And if you decide to go bigger buy a block for it and its bigger. The only downside to this is it doesn't look the best.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Big johnson,

So with that link you provided, if bought, I will be able to bolt only the pivot adapter straight up with no wiring problems.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
jtb0322 said:
Ill check tomorrow for the 3 inches and see where I am from there. Will this alone work on my sled? http://www.shadetreepowersports.com/cgi-bin/D4E5C765/mac/qryitems.mac/itemDisplay?qryType=STYLE&itemSt=99-604&coreDsc=Powermadd%26trade%3B%20Pivot%20Adapter%20Kit
This alone won't work. This is just the pivot adapter, you still need to buy a pivot block which is about 35 bucks for 2 inches and at powermadd the bigger the block the more you pay.

jtb0322 said:
Big johnson,

So with that link you provided, if bought, I will be able to bolt only the pivot adapter straight up with no wiring problems.
You have to buy the pivot adapter and the pivot block. So your looking at spending at least 85 bucks plus shipping.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MuscleD said:
waffle said:
The universal pivot adapter here will work. It's great because its cheap and works. It gives you 3 inches of rise right off the bat which is what most people start with when getting risers because you normally don't need to extend anything. And if you decide to go bigger buy a block for it and its bigger. The only downside to this is it doesn't look the best.
Will this adapter work alone?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Powermadd is a great product but its spendy too. Rsi is also a great product and not as spendy. Here's what I would do... instead of buying a pivot adapter buy a pivot tube. What this does is converts your stock bar clamp into a pivot adapter for 12 bucks here...

http://www.rsiracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=172

From here you can buy a pivot style risers for 70 bucks any size. This is a much better bang for your buck the higher rise you get.

Pivot risers... http://www.rsiracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=36&products_id=181

Now here's something to think about. If you go more than 3 inches and you need to buy extensions here's what you need. A throttle cable extension (27.00 bucks) and an extended brake line (50.00 bucks) the wires you just unplug and reroute them if they don't reach. Easy and free.

Here's another thing to think about. Some indys break lines can go about 7 or 8 inches higher. If yours is one of these all you need is the throttle extension. And the risers. If you would rather have more than 3 inches, spend the money to extend whats needed. You will save money in the long run, if you buy 3 inches of rise to save money on the extensions to find out you want more, because you end up buying the extensions anyways. Then you have to buy another riser again to reach the right height. If you know all you want for sure is 3 inches then you don't need to worry.

jtb0322 said:
MuscleD said:
waffle said:
Will this adapter work alone?
Yes this will work alone.

·
Registered
741 Posts
i bought a fly pivot bar, 3" fly risers and a fly bar pad for $100 shipped. looks good and i didn't have to extend a thing. I had a 2" block riser and this is 10x better!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I definately do not want to go any higher than 3". So I think the powermadd pivor adapter alone is my best bet as long as I have the room to do it. Agree? Disagree?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
http://www.chuxlimited.com/
20081128201054203_15620.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts