Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i go and make my own Handle Bar riser, the polaris bars on the old sleds are just too low. I was thinking raising it about 1-2 inches, so any homemade ideas are welcome.
Thanks

·
Registered
492 Posts
my buddy used a piece of 2" square tubing, steal of course, then he uses longer bolts. seems to work and it worked last year for him. just be sure that if you are doing anything that deals with controling your sled, that you test it first. don;t want to find out at 75 mph that you can't steer any more... good luck

·
Registered
317 Posts
have a 2" on mine that as tall as you want to go on the older ones. seems to help some but Im also close to 6'4"...

·
Registered
160 Posts
i dont knwo if i would bother you can probaly go buy an spi one for15 to 20 bucks they arent much but that just me it wouldnt be worth my time my 4 inch only cost me 30 but all depends how old your sled is

·
Registered
191 Posts
find an old set of bars and use the half moons from them like i did

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
If all you are looking for is one to two inches then just go to a steel supply company and see if they have any aluminum block stock that would roughly match the area over the end of the steering post where the bar clamps mount. Cut it to match the height you want, clamp it in a drill press and use the bar clamp as a template and drill four holes, buy longer bolts and you are in business! I would have to agree with Joshwa in that for this small of a mod just buying the prefabed part is going to be more worth while since the raw materials are going to cost as much as the finished product. But don't let us hold you back. It's good to see some of the younger guys getting creative and building up their own custom sled parts. Good luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sounds like a good idea, I think ill try it, seeing as then I can pick the height I want and possibly adjust it afterward.
Thanks AKnarrowback

·
Registered
80 Posts
i made some 2 inch risers using 4 peicese of 1 inch by 1 inch sqaure tubbing, welded them together and got a sweet 2 inch rise... ther work so nice... and i only needed 1 foot of the metal.. it only costed me $1.25...and the botls were chep to.. did it for under 10 buks

·
Registered
80 Posts
if u dont alredy have some. i can send u my pice to show you what i mean.. if u need...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts