Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local S23b trail was closed last week to everyone and is now back open. I don't know why the club worded it like they did saying the actions of one person has affected us all, but I just found out the problem was caused by me. I had a neighbor with a dog he let bark its ass off all d**n day and sometimes at night. I had enough and had to ask the dog cop to pay them a visit and tell them the rules after I made a 1 hr long video of the dog barking non stop. Well that guy now owns a section of trail that S23b crosses. So, he shut down his portion to keep me off it. I just got a call tonight from the club president telling me the deal. I called the guy who owns the land and told him I will stay off the land and asked him to open it for everyone else, not fair to take it out on everyone if he has a problem with me. He said ok and trail is now open.

It might have been a shack too, same neighbor built a shack out of pallets and crap tin and put it in his front yard directly in front of my house. Thats all I could see when I looked out our main huge center window. It was against code of the town and without a permit.. It was an eyesore to all the nice houses in the neighborhood.

Both the shack and the barking dog were issues over the summer of last year. They still wood be an issue if this neighbor didn't trade houses with his parents up the road 1 house.

So there you have it, barking dogs close trails LMFAO

Not a big deal.. I can very easily get around this guys land.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Wow that's messed up. He's mad because he let his dog bark its ass off? I wanna see the video haha that's really maning up tho by getting the other riders to use the land.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I cannot stand when people let their dogs bark like that it, i'd rather hear a thousand sleds blow by than that! Sounds like you have a really stupid neighbor with his head up his ass for warmth. [Disappointed]

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Thats what clubs have to put up with. Keeping the land owners happy. Doesn't matter if they are right or wrong. WE need to keep them happy, no matter what the cost.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Wow... between this and that neighbor who's Dog caused your accident.... You got some @ssHat Neighbors.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jerkyking said:
Wow... between this and that neighbor who's Dog caused your accident.... You got some @ssHat Neighbors.
My dog accident was not caused by a neighbor.
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
You're involved in drama, again?
I don't know what past drama I have been in that you are referring to.. but yeah I guess. Inadvertently I am involved in this drama, but not by choice. We are all involved in some sort of drama but most people don't post it online for others to laugh at.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hey, I'm all for helping keep a trail open for others to use but how far should Matt go? Seems to me that the neighbor has put Matt into a no win situation. If he complains again about the ass clowns barking dog, the trail will be closed again. So, Matt will now have to edure a nuisance animal forever??

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Continue to complain to the right agency, they should not be telling the owner who is complaining, the guy will know in his mind who is complaining. I have the same type of neighbor, you do your best to ignore him, I know it is hard but not much else that you can do. If he closes the trail because of this so be it. Find another route, which seems like there already is.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Your neighbor is so stupid, it's actually kind of funny!! I have a similar problem, but it wouldn't close down a trail. My neighbor has two small dogs and that's all they do is bark (or yap in that really high pitch). If I complain, then she can complain about running my sleds in town. Along with my summer toys. It's a lose-lose situation too.[confused] I just have to blow it off as much as I can.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
wow sounds like were i live. im in a small town of like 100 people and it has one bar. this guy lives across from the bar and can handle the trail rite in front of his house but complaines when i am twice as far away in my own yard. the boss comes over to my house all the time on his sleds and the guy thinks its me driving around and trying to piss him off. then a week later the guy hits my boss up to take him out riding for a day. then he went with the boss and smashed off the windshield on the 440.

what a hyprocrite huh......

1,792 Posts
Hangman said:
Your neighbor is so stupid, it's actually kind of funny!! I have a similar problem, but it wouldn't close down a trail. My neighbor has two small dogs and that's all they do is bark (or yap in that really high pitch). If I complain, then she can complain about running my sleds in town. Along with my summer toys. It's a lose-lose situation too.[confused] I just have to blow it off as much as I can.
Those are the people who let their pets run loose and call the news media when they get hit when they dart in front of a car for the story on the 'cold hearted person who ran down their pet'.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
^I'm just glad they keep them in a fenced in area.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
you should get the warden to have a trip down that trail and maybe help you out a bit with that silly dog barking situation. One can only hope,eh?

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MakingTheWinterGoByFaster said:
Hangman said:
Those are the people who let their pets run loose and call the news media when they get hit when they dart in front of a car for the story on the 'cold hearted person who ran down their pet'.
Funny you say that. The lady who owned the dog I hit on my motorcycle in April called my insurance company telling them she was coming after them for the pain and suffering of losing her dog.. or the cost of the dog.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I have a new neighbor (about 1 year) who is a AZZ. ( I even would snowblow open his driveway, say Hi, wave..... He wouldnt say anything
My old neighbors where great.

He has a bassit hound, wiener dog that would bark non stop. He would be out in the yard and the dog would bark for hours and he would never say anything.
I finally went to Menards and bought this little bird house with electronics in it, to send out a high pitch noise when the dog's barked.
It seemed to work good, after a few weeks, it would bark a few times then it would stop. But the bad thing was, it didnt work when they where in the garage.
Another neighbor left him a note, telling him to do something. Well I answer the door to the AZZ, he was accusing me of writing the letter and lying about it, that his dog dog's dont bark, I finally closed the door on him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts