Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The battery went bad on my 92 polaris indy SP 500. I bought a new one and installed it on my sled. The sled starts right away on the first pull and it runs great. However, I noticed that the batter indicator light (red) keep flashing intermittently (I check the battery and it seems to be good). Any idea what is going on with the battery? I also noticed that when I turned off the engine after riding it for 1 hour or longer, the startor recoil does not engage (get lose) anymore. I have to manually make the recoil to engage in order to start the sled and this is very hard to make this happen. Any idea on this? Please advice.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by never_enough
[br]question why did you replace the battery if you pull start it anyway?
It's efi, the older versions needed the battery to fire.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by tidzu
[br]The battery went bad on my 92 polaris indy SP 500. I bought a new one and installed it on my sled. The sled starts right away on the first pull and it runs great. However, I noticed that the batter indicator light (red) keep flashing intermittently (I check the battery and it seems to be good). Any idea what is going on with the battery? I also noticed that when I turned off the engine after riding it for 1 hour or longer, the startor recoil does not engage (get lose) anymore. I have to manually make the recoil to engage in order to start the sled and this is very hard to make this happen. Any idea on this? Please advice.
Is it charging properly????Take recoil off and clean it up.

·
Registered
295 Posts
get an electrical schematic and check all your grounds make sure they are not corroded also check charging system and also might want to make sure the battery terminals are tight

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still don't understand why the startor recoil gets loose when the engine is warm up? When it cold, I the startor recoil is always engaged. I check the battery and it is fully charge. I also noticed that at 30MPH, the enginer is a bit hesitate (not really smooth).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts