Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be aware of any purchases from Jucbag, I purchased a 98 XCR from him, sled has 3200 miles and looked to be in great shape, When we started it only ran on one cylinder, he said it was loaded up from idling. Changed plugs and it ran better, made one run in the yard and it seemed to be ok. Got it home and made 2 runs in the field and noticed something wasnt right pulled the plug on the mag side and noticed nicks on the piston pulled heads and cylinders and found more damage including a fried rod bearing and main bearing. Called Derek to let him know (I took it apart the same night) and he insisted it was something that I did to the sled and insisted it was perfect when it left. Anyone that knows anything about it knows its pretty unlikely to cause all that damage in 2 minutes, improper warm up would yield some piston scuff or seize which there was none. The sled ran for a minimum of 7 minutes to warm. He refuses any concessions, even a couple of hundred dollars would have shown a good faith effort. He says he buys and sells 20 sleds a year so there is a good chance that you will be seeing more of his stuff for sale on this site. Im not telling anyone not to buy from Jucbag but if you do be aware. I do take responsibility for my purchase and understand what as is means but this is ridiculous. I wouldnt be able to sleep knowing that I did this to someone I would want to make it right some way some how but thats just me.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
WOW..........I was going to buy that sled.glad I decided against it.sorry man.I thought 1300 for that sled was kinda cheap!!!ya never know what your going to get.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by pooxcsp500
[br]WOW..........I was going to buy that sled.glad I decided against it.sorry man.I thought 1300 for that sled was kinda cheap!!!ya never know what your going to get.
I guess the silver lining is that when I get done with rebuilding the powerplant it will be solid all around

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I allways wanted a 98 xcr and its hard to find a good one,rebuild it and I will buy it off you.....I just rebuilt the xlt and dont want to do it again for a while!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts