Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to remind everyone to be carefull when crossing roads. We were riding yesterday near watersmeet and came up on a terrible crash(car vs. snowmobile) I don't know any details, but it didn't look good. God bless all involved and thier families. I hope everyone looks twice before crossing a road.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Believe me, I look more than twice before I cross a road. Luckly where we cross, you can see quite a ways.
I hope everyone in that incident came out okay - that is very scarey!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Amen to that, I almost got taken out by a garbage truck a few years ago when I was riding alone in the Sayner, WI area and went to cross a road.
I came up to the road, looked left, looked right and went to cross and out of the corner of my eye saw the truck.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Trails are very icey also, corners are wicked. Slow down for them and have some nice sharp bars...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey woodeye, six of my buddies and myself pulled up to that accident yesterday very shortly after it happend. The guy was laying in the middle of the road covered up with blankets, just his boots sticking out. He did not make it. VERY sick and disgusting scene.
Did you see the front end of that Dodge pickup that hit him ? I would say that pickup was totaled. That sled was in a million pieces, biggest part laying there was the seat.
I tried takeing pics of the truck and pieces of the sled but my camera was froze, and batteries dead.

We did have a good day of riding. Dropped in Conover and rode up to Bergland Mi. I thought the trails were very good condition, but could always use more snow. 154 miles and the New 07 IQ ran just beautiful, VERY impressed with the sled !!!

Sorry for the long post

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Littlerunt,
We must have been there before you. I didn't see the truck, But there were some people around and I saw the seat of the sled and pieces everywhere.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
God Bless his family!!! Always sorry to hear about a sled related death!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The truck was about 50 yards south of the trail crossing ( impact point ). The truck must have tried swerving to miss him, because the truck also hit the guard rail after hitting the man on the sled.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I read this on John Dee lastnight and thought I would share it. Shows how a little mistake can change your life.

((Quote))
(Well while snowmobiling to watersmeet from the Gateway Lodge in land O' Lakes, we saw an accident. The dnr said that a polaris fusion blew a stop sign and was hit by a dodge cummins mega cab truck. Those are heavy trucks. The sled was in peices. The seat was in one spot, the hood another, and the frame was stuck to the front of the truck. The person went underneath
the truck and was killed. As we drove by the accident site, we saw the body in a body bag behind the ambulance. The person's boots were hanging out of the bag. You guys have any more info?

Also, please be smart, drive safe. This accident really gave me a wake up call. Seeing a destroyed sled and a dead body on the side of the road isnt a pretty site...

Also I guess there was another accident down the road a little ways and another person was killed, they blew a stop sign as well...)

((Quote))
(I talked to the group the person was with. He was a 70 year old man, and he didnt "blow" the stop sign. I guess he never really looked and was going about 2 mph and went into the road when he got struck. The group said the man did 7,000 miles a year and was anm avid snowmobiler. They were staying at the hotel Im at. They pretty much told me everything along with "please look both was before you cross the road" The family has been notified as far as i know.)

·
Registered
636 Posts
thats just too bad. That makes me think about some of the road crossing around here where it is a straight up and down ditch to the road. You almost have to pin it to make it to the top of the ditch and then try and stop and look for traffic before you start rolling backwards again.

The even though this guy apparently didn't "blow" through the stop sign, I have seen many cases where people have. Is it worth it???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts