Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have found two sleds that I am interested in, but i am not sure which one to go with.

1. 1996 Polaris XLT SKS 4500 miles, triple pipes 120 compression across the board, but it needs new rails as the old ones are broke.
$600 OBO

2. 1992 Polaris 650 motor taken apart needs new rings. $225 (thats about all i know about it)

I am just wondering what one sounds like a better deal. I am thinking the XLT, because its less work to get it up and running.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT- just found a number 3

3. 1985 Polaris Indy 600, hard starter, $450 OBO

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[attachment=51621]
[attachment=51622]

That's the SKS. Its the farthest away of the bunch (3 1/2 hours)

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
take the xlt. they are great for screwing around with and th longtrack will be nice.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Matt your beater will probly be better then you normal sled once ya get all your work done. ps i pick #1.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Numbaaa 1

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The first one. Just because the longer track and like you said is less work to get running than the other 2.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also theres an 89 Indy 400 for 500 bucks.

I am still favoring the XLT though, i wish i woulda thought about it sooner, because my dad was just down that way on thursday. But maybe i can talk my friend into a road trip.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
take the first 2. put the 650's skid under the xlt's and part the rest of it out to make up for your skid.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by WY_rider
[br]take the first 2. put the 650's skid under the xlt's and part the rest of it out to make up for your skid.
I would like to, but i don't have the funds.

But how much do you think the 133 rails would be.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
what are rails? i would go with the first one

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I would say go with the XLT. Sounds like the easiest to get going, especially since the season is starting.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i am keeping my yamaha, and i will just have 2 and probably end up riding the XLT more.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I would say #1.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Originally posted by ski-dooguy
[br]what are rails? i would go with the first one
Rails are what the track rides on. There are 2 long aluminum pieces that run inside your track. On the bottom of the rails are your hyfax if that helps you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts