Snowmobile Fanatics banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beater Sleds, what are they

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  stevem5215 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been trying to figure out through the search and even google,
so far though I have an idea... any snowmobile that is older, especially 90's and circa 2000, that is modded up seems to be called a beater?

I just got property that is not year round access - but I think beater sleds are my answer since I am on a budget and need a way there in winter... I just don't know if beater means the same as like a hopped up ricer in the car world (if so that's kind of what I'm after, something with easy to find/jimmy rig parts, etc..).

I'm new to the snowmobile world and this seemed like the right forum to settle down in, any help appreciated

#2 ·
I know when I use the term "beater" I mean it's beat up. Cracks in the hood, rips in the seat, dents, probably some welds somewhere along the way... That kind of thing. They can run and ride just fine though. I'd call my old 1996 XCR a "beater".

#4 ·
Back in my day a beater was a 20 year old sled you didn't care what happened to it. Most likely a single cylinder old Ski-Doo rated at maybe 20 horse that you could goat around on in the woods all night long with your snowmobile suit pockets loaded with beer cans!

Reactions: whitexc
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.