Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im 14 and looking for a snowmachine, i live in sudbury ontario. so plenty of snow. i want a 300-500cc snowmachine. i dont want o fast but i want to hit about 60-70 mph. and i kinda wanna jump. thanks.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i would defiantly go liquid cooled like SH said, 440 at least, and how much do u wanna spend like what BW said, if u tell us how much cash u have for the sled, we could give u a better description of what woudl be good

welcome to the forum

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well im from canada so its canadian money. i would spend up 1500-200$ not much but its gotta be used. thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
you should be able to get a pretty decent sled for that, id go for a 440-500cc..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i check already at autotrader.ca and bargainhunter.ca but nothing i like. I was thinking in between 440 and 500 would be good liek you said, also what kind of aftermarket parts can you get?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Try to find a sled first, then we can help you with aftermarket products. The main things for power gains are pipes, clutching and gearing...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i think a supersport is a great idea too...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok thx, same thing as quads. well does anyone know if polaris has reliability problems, i hear that alot on their quads?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I realize you said 440-500 cc but i have a 1988 400 for my first sled and so far it has plenty of power, very dependable, fast, and cheap. It doesnt do too bad on the jumps but this is with stock shocks so if you got some nice gas shocks it would be much better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well im 14 and i got a 2003 polaris xcsp 700. i love going 120+. it has plenty of power. i recomend it. i also have a 2003 polaris 340 edge. its a dog. it oly goes about 65. and it takes forever to get there. plus we blew the rear shock jumping it. dont get one of those, im trading it in to get a xcsp 800 or a switchback 800 or somin

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
u better watch it 700xcspryda....

neway, i highly doubg your xcsp700 goes over 120, maybe if your talking bout kilometers, but it aint gonna go over 120 mph. your 14 and have a 2003 700cc sled? must have nice parents, if my parents ever bought me a sled when i was that young it would be no 700 either....

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
My Guess... the 340 is his but dad lets him ride the 700. oh and welcome to the forum 700xcspryda...

·
Registered
352 Posts
my neighber has a 440 sport (polaris indy) and it doesnt do to bad...i topped it at 70 mph, but im not very big im 17 and im only 5'8 and 150 lbs. but it didnt do to bad for a fancooled 440. and i know it did 70 because i ran right next to it with my ExciterII and it also was reading 70. so for a beginner sled it would do very well...only problum was that after a year riding it i noticed i had it floored all the time because it didnt have enuph guts.....so then i bought my own sled..a 570 wich for now is perfect for me...untill i can buy a bigger one in a few years :D maby

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Exactly i dont know how a 14 yr old has a 2003 700 XC SP, unless you got a scratch ticket for your birthday or something.[8D]

1 - 20 of 54 Posts