Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if you read my last post than you would know that I hit a rock and [V]thought I just bent a tie rod. Of course I was wrong. I bent the whole front end frame in (this is what I can conclude.) This is on the 85 indy 600 I have been babblin on about for the past few months. It hit the belly pan and messed up the steering and suspension. I know you guys are probably saying "why don't I just get a newer sled" but hey bare with me. Any suggestions on what to do. This really f****n sucks. Is it possible to bend the belly pan and frame back to its original state. Any help would be greatly appreciated and put to use.
Thanks[:(!]

·
Registered
608 Posts
Take A picture if you can, I'm not sure of what picture you are talking about. If it was bent than it can probably be straightened maybe not perfect but usable.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
the belly pan will probably pop back, if it's just the plastic part that is deformed. VERY careful application of a propane torch will heat it up to bend back. CAREFULL for gas lines, and igniting the plastic/sticks/leaves you might have in there!

-Dean

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I plan on doing is taking the motor out and going from there. One of the many things it has done is push the suspension arms (lower arm) against the belly pan. This is restricting the travel of the suspension. Hopping when I get the motor out a good sledge hammer will come in handy + my dads freinds knowledge of chassis and frame work.
Thanks again

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Some used radius rods and suspension arms shouldn't cost too much to replace either. Call these guys:

www.starpages.com/indyss

1 - 6 of 6 Posts