Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 xlt was not starting.I cleaned the carbs spick and span.made sure fuel was getting to them and replace the filter.Before I did all that,I checked the cylinders...well all but one.The belt side cylinder isn't getting spark.I was wondering if that would keep it from starting???Or if that would make it run rough???Whatcha think?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
it can mark it hard to start and will definately make it run ruff. change plug? make sure all connections are made to coils. check plug cap and wire with ohm meter. can find a used set of coils cheap if you narrow it down to that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
they have the coils right under the carbs you might of knocked a wire off bye cleaning the carbs what you can do to ckeck to see if the coil is good change the wiring to the coil thats not sparking from a different one and than see if it sparks if it does the wire to the coil is bad if it doesnt the coil is bad

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank both of you...I figured it out!It was a break in the belt side cylinder plug wire.I replaced the wire and rechecked.Started well.Then it idled high,so I reset the mixture and the idle and all is good in mayberry.This thing runs like a top...better than new.
Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts