Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi last year I hit a tree with my sled.And my front end is now all out of wack and i now can't close or open my hood properly anymore. My sled is an 1996 artic cat zr 580 and i was just wondering what would be the best way of fixing it. Thanks

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Find out what is busted and fix it or get new parts?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the front bumper is all bent and if you look at it straight on the whole front end is bent to one side

·
Registered
85 Posts
pictures would be good, and how fast were you going

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i forgot to take some pics when i was looking at it today...I wasn't going to fast maybe 15 km

I will try to take some tonight.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
15km, what is the 10 mph? i cant beleive you would do any damage going that fast? my sister hit another sled going maybe 30, bent the front of our EXT580 sideways, jut straightend it last night, i tied a chain around the ski spindle and hooked it to a tractor, then took a come-a-long and hooked to the bumper and another tractor and pulled it over, then to the sledge and a wood block and hit the side bumpers straight, then just hit the hood hinges forward till the hood lined up straight, cant hardly tell it was hit

·
Registered
308 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
15km, what is the 10 mph? i cant beleive you would do any damage going that fast? my sister hit another sled going maybe 30, bent the front of our EXT580 sideways, jut straightend it last night, i tied a chain around the ski spindle and hooked it to a tractor, then took a come-a-long and hooked to the bumper and another tractor and pulled it over, then to the sledge and a wood block and hit the side bumpers straight, then just hit the hood hinges forward till the hood lined up straight, cant hardly tell it was hit
I disagree, I have seen some people really mess up there stuff going 10 mph or even less..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i was surprised to it was dark when i did it so i thought it was fine until i drove into the garage couldn't even open the hood 6 inches.

Thats a good idea im going to try that tomorrow in daylight [thumb]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts