Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i was playing around the yard and went to turn arounf and boom. i hit a stump and it was pretty hard, i smashed my chest on the bars and hit the kill switch. well my question is, there seems to be play in the bars and when i turn them slowly it squeals. do i just have to grease some places up and the play is just normal?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Play left to right, or fron to back??

A little left to right may be normal...

Burch

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
left to right...it more then my brothers though? im confused

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it also goes front and back a little

·
Registered
45 Posts
When you are turning in a direction, is there a way that doesn't turn its normal radius. Im sorry I cant think of the words. When I bent my post, I could turn right normal, but I could only turn left maybe 50% of its normal turning radius. There was some more play when I try to turn left. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The rider select on the fusions sadly comes loose over time and running into that stump probably only sped up the process. In october I fought with figuring out how to get the "slop" side to side out of my steering and finally ended up pulling the whole console off and tightening the bolts that hold the rider select in place and that fixed my problem. As long as it is not too bad you can probably get away with waiting til after the seasons over, unless you have some free time! Oh, and the squeak is probably the bushing on the steering post where it angles under the engine, pull the air box and you'll see the steering post and the bushing, mine seized up last year and my steering got insanely hard so I hit it with some good grease with a needle point, worked the bars back and forth and it cleared that problem right up. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for your help...its radius is the same and ill check that bushing. how can i get rid of the rider select? what bolts should i tighten?

·
Registered
463 Posts
go over to snowest.com and look up polzinhunter he makes and sells a rider select delete kit that solves the sloppy steering issue 100% if your not hell bent on keeping the adjustable bars its $$ very well spent!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts