Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[12pt]I have an'05 XCSP 600. I am thinking of replacing my factory skegs with Bergstrom 6" triple points, as I am running with only 96 studs. Has anybody used these Skegs, or recommend others....[/font=Tahoma][/12pt][/color=darkblue]

·
Registered
453 Posts
These carbides were THE single best improvement I've made to my MY03 XCSP! If you have time on your hands, give Scott Bergstrom a call(he's a talker), he is an excellent person to deal with...however he is a little forgetful. The triple points wear like iron, stay sharp for a VERY long time, however they are a brittle, so be careful of rocks on the trail. Make sure you ask him for the ski savers, it is NOT a ripoff, they really do work, but they increase steering effort some.

P S: I've had the triple points on my sled now for 2000 miles!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not to pee in your wheaties today, but Bergstrom has been impossible to get a hold of for weeks, trust me. I, along with many others from another site I frequent, have the same problems. Lots of the guys have had orders in since summer and still don't have any word or status. They can't even get through to him to cancel their orders. He's not answering the phone or emails, says so right on his site. Maybe you'll have better luck, but I'm willing to bet that all you'll get is a busy signal. I DO think he has some good products and ideas, but is just unable to make the orders. Good luck. Let us know if you get through. If you do get through, let him know that there are dozens of us that have been trying without any luck, for weeks!!!!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Slydog skis I bought last winter came with them and like them alot along with the ski savers.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AlumaDoo said:
Not to pee in your wheaties today, but Bergstrom has been impossible to get a hold of for weeks, trust me. I, along with many others from another site I frequent, have the same problems. Lots of the guys have had orders in since summer and still don't have any word or status. They can't even get through to him to cancel their orders. He's not answering the phone or emails, says so right on his site. Maybe you'll have better luck, but I'm willing to bet that all you'll get is a busy signal. I DO think he has some good products and ideas, but is just unable to make the orders. Good luck. Let us know if you get through. If you do get through, let him know that there are dozens of us that have been trying without any luck, for weeks!!!!
I just called for the hell of it........busy signal on a Sunday at 2:45pm.

·
Registered
277 Posts
XCSPDUDE said:
AlumaDoo said:
I just called for the hell of it........busy signal on a Sunday at 2:45pm.
Yeah, you're just not gonna get thru. I tried for 3 days last week. Tues-Thur each day from 2:30pm til about 6 each day........bahn-bahn.bahn.bahn.bahn..busy 3 hrs straight every day??? I don't think so. Something is wrong with that picture. I've tried several times since too, no luck.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Go through the middle man; Dennis Kirk, JR Graham, etc... They will only sell what they have in stock and the price difference is not much more.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
XCSPDUDE said:
[12pt]I have an'05 XCSP 600. I am thinking of replacing my factory skegs with Bergstrom 6" triple points, as I am running with only 96 studs. Has anybody used these Skegs, or recommend others....[/font=Tahoma][/12pt][/color=darkblue]

I used to use them, this was before the triple points came out. I am very happy with my shaper bars. Not sure you need 3 bars of carbide to turn. I have 120 studs with 7.5" of carbide.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts