Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 01 Edge X is in need of skis, so it's getting the stock skis from the 03 Pro X. Does anyone have suggestions on what might be the best choice of aftermarket skis? I'm leaning towards the dual carbide jobbies since a buddy put the new Ski-Doo skis on his Pro X 800 and loves them.

Thanks,

BTW, I'm a flat lander so it's groomed trails 95% of the time!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
SLP SLT's, Just go with the carbide setup and not the carbide with cutter setup. The cutter is a good concept but i had the cutters catch on edges of the trailer, on a couple of ice ridges, and logs. I will be replacing my cutter/carbide setup with the snocross carbide. For those that arent sure what in the world i am talkin about, the SLP SLT ski's sell with a little wedge type piece of metal that attaches in front of the carbide. It is designed to cut a fresh line in the trail vs. having your carbide follow someone elses track. It is supposed to reduce darting. Did it work, yes but i didnt like it for ditch riding.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Id go with C&As..

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I have C&As on my 600. Way better than stock. Some guys with SLP SLTs absolutely love them. I heard the new powder pro jobbies work great on trails too. Check out hardcorsledder.com. Rob did a comparison of a few skis last year. he was a diehard slt fan and went to powderpros. He basically only sleds trails and he's a fast hard cruiser kind o guy. If I was going to spend another $300 on skis I'd try the slp's either slt or powderpro. fwiw

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you are looking for dual runner skiis, check out the Simmons Flex-ski. they are fairly pricey, at around 350 USD, but many people have told me they are worth the money. But since you don't do alot of powder riding, dual runner skiis might not be for you, since they require a little more effort to steer.

PS, The Simmons skiis look great to.[:)][blue][/blue]

·
Registered
957 Posts
I've got the SLP Powder Pros... THey dominate in powder, softpack, slush, and hard pack... Granted I ride in the mountains, and bought them for lots of flotation in the deep stuff.....and that they do. I also must say they are incredibly durable... Towards the end of the season they were taking a beating on rocks, wood, etc and no chips, cracks, or deep gouges!! $300 well spent in my book!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Originally posted by iNdY_bOi
[br]If you are looking for dual runner skiis, check out the Simmons Flex-ski. they are fairly pricey, at around 350 USD, but many people have told me they are worth the money. But since you don't do alot of powder riding, dual runner skiis might not be for you, since they require a little more effort to steer.

PS, The Simmons skiis look great to.[:)][blue][/blue]
According to the guys that I know that have the Simmons, the dual-runner system drastically reduces the front end from darting around on the trail as a result of the carbides catching ruts. As one "set" of carbides catch a set of ruts, the other carbides keep you pointed straight. They say it makes steering way easier.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i have the precision skis with dual carbides on my 2001 mxz. but im looking for something for my mach z 800 that i just got.i am pretty sure i am going to go with the slp slt. which is the better one the ultra lites or the tri keel.the tri keel has two wear bars on the out side with carbide on the inside middle. i would think that that would work pretty good. what are these powder pros. is that the tri keel.im looking on dennis kirk and all i see is the slp slt ultra lites and then the slp tri keels

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Go to www.startinglineproducts.com and you can look at more info on all their skis I ordered directly from them you just have to call them.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
thanx darkstar. i have found some info finally. acualy i have found a good used set. just the ones i am looking for. but i havent heard back yet hopefully he still has em lol[:D]

·
Registered
581 Posts
i put some slp ultra lite skis on my 1990 indy 400 i havent had a chance to test them yet but im told they are powersteering for a snowmobile, i got them from my parts guy who has had them on a few of his own sleds

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i dont know anyone personaly who has simmons. but on some of the forums i go to they are very very popular everyone wants em.so they must be a real good ski.[:D]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts